Library Card

McConnaughay

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits

In the modern age, books are more easily obtained than ever prior, and yet, physical locations to retrieve them are shrinking (similar, in a way, to the closing of movie rental stores). Do you have a local library? How often do you find yourself visiting it, if ever?​

Had one long ago, but I would never bother with any these days.

I haven't visited the library in a little while. We do have several branches of the library here in my town. I really need to go visit the library.

I always love the library. Years ago, I would visit it twice a week. Always getting out books & magazines. The occasional movie. As much as I like some technology, one thing that made the library worse is there’s no interaction. At our old one, the people knew me & would always have my books ready as soon as they saw me. We chitchatted about little things. Now, you go to the bookcase, look for your name, go to the scanner & scan your card & the books. No Hello how are you’s. Rarely even talk to anybody. I miss that social connection. So now, the library doesn’t have the same feel for me so I don’t go that often anymore.

I have a library card, but rarely use it because of a lack of time to go to the library.

The last time that I had a local library card was in high school. I needed to be going to the library to read for my studies and it helped me so much.

Back