Like about Sony?

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
What is it that you like about the consoles that Sony produces? Why do you prefer them over other consoles?

I'm more of a Nintendo person but if something happened to Nintendo then I definitely would convert to the Playstation over the X-Box. I like the games that are exclusive to Sony. I can't think of any games that I like that are exclusive to the consoles made by Microsoft. Plus, I've never liked the controllers for any of the X-Box systems. I much prefer the controllers for the Playstation's because they feel more comfortable.

I'm evenly split between Sony and Microsoft. I went with a PS4 this gen because it was the stronger console and I mainly use it for multiplats. I'd probably be just as happy with an XB1, but most of my friends have PS4s so I'm content there.

Sony has both the hardware and games, where as Nintendo only has games. Sadly MS tries to push hardware without the games. I like sony mostly because they do make quality stuff.

I was going to get an Xbox One until I saw the difference between the two presentations when the consoles were announced. Xbox One was so anti-consumer at the time and although that has since changed I had already made up my mind for a PS4. I am so glad I did, and would likely never go back. The exclusives games are typically always among the best I have ever played and I really would be missing out with only having an Xbox.

Honestly, the only thing I like about Sony is that I feel they care for their customers. I feel like Nintendo cares for theirs too, but only to a point and Microsoft just seems to want money and thinks as long as there's a new Medal of Duty game people will buy it.

It's not that I don't like PS, it just doesn't have games that I would personally play and I've never really liked the feel of their controllers. If Microsoft has gotten anything right, it's the controller, I've even seen polls that say the Xbox 360 controller is perfect build for gaming. I mean, I guess they also have impressive hardware. You can watch Blu-ray movies on it, which I've never really cared about since I don't watch movies, but I know a lot of people love that.

The 360 controller might be the greatest of all time. It feels so natural in the hand. I haven't gotten a chance to use the XB1 controller yet to compare. A third party released an imitation 360 controller for the PS4, but it's a premium model that costs over $100 so I probably won't end up getting it.

The Switch pro controller is really nice too, but it's also just imitating the 360 controller.

The 360 controller might be the greatest of all time. It feels so natural in the hand. I haven't gotten a chance to use the XB1 controller yet to compare. A third party released an imitation 360 controller for the PS4, but it's a premium model that costs over $100 so I probably won't end up getting it.

The Switch pro controller is really nice too, but it's also just imitating the 360 controller.

if its the greatest, then it will be imitated every time then.

This is what I thought when I had a Xbox 360. But after using the PS4 controller for a long time, I just like it way better and I can't believe that I liked the 360 controller. It's just so big and clunky

I dunno man, I'd been playing nothing but PS4 until I got my Switch in March and the pro controller has me seriously thinking about getting the 360 imitation for PS4. I like the asymmetrical stick layout.

I was going to get an Xbox One until I saw the difference between the two presentations when the consoles were announced. Xbox One was so anti-consumer at the time and although that has since changed I had already made up my mind for a PS4. I am so glad I did, and would likely never go back. The exclusives games are typically always among the best I have ever played and I really would be missing out with only having an Xbox.

I have to agree. Microsoft has always seemed so anti-consumer to me. They've never produced any games that I've found interesting. Like DS has mentioned, they've been more about hardware than games. I can see any sense in purchasing a consoles without a good enough amount of games for me to play. It just seems like a waste of money to me. Plus, like I've mentioned before, I've never liked any of the controllers for any of the MS consoles. I can't stand them, to be honest.

I preferred the PS4 because it was a lot better than the Xbox One when it first came out. To be fair I think the PS4 is still a lot better specs wise and exclusives wise. Me and my friends used to be on 360 but we all moved over to the PS4 because of that.

I mainly like exclusive Sony games like Kingdom Hearts, and Final Fantasy series of games which were available for the PS2.

I preferred the PS4 because it was a lot better than the Xbox One when it first came out. To be fair I think the PS4 is still a lot better specs wise and exclusives wise. Me and my friends used to be on 360 but we all moved over to the PS4 because of that.

I've always thought that the consoles from Sony had better exclusives than the consoles from Microsoft, for sure. But I've thought that the graphics and specs were better too.

I think for me, it's the games that are exclusive to PlayStation consoles. Most of the games I love so much are only available for Playstation sadly, like Twisted Metal and the God of War series. Now the PS4 is about to have Days Gone, which looks like the zombie game I've always wanted to play but never had, so boo hoo me (PC).

Perhaps it's just me, but I always felt like Sony was the "adult" company, even though that may not necessarily be true.

Allow me to elaborate. Nintendo was always the kid-friendly company, and it was always pretty clear that they were generally targeting a younger audience even if many of their games were still fun to grown man-children like myself.

Then there was Microsoft, who to me always felt like they were targeting the teenage demographic. Fast paced action and shooting, slick super car racing, hot babes and all that jazz. And it worked, given that as a teenager about 90% of my peers had Xbox 360's.

And then there is Sony. Sony felt like the most balanced of the bunch, the adult guardian of console gaming. They generally promoted games in a way that was appealing to adults, with artsy commercials and a generally calmer, more serious demeanor. I think they intended adults to buy and play their console, but if these adults happened to have children they also made sure the console was open to them as well. That's why I like Sony and still do. They're versatile yet not all over the place.

Seconding the above.

Regardless, I never felt that there was really anything "special" about either side (PS vs Xbox) and I don't care about the consoles itself or how fast and advanced they are, but the reason I would go for a PlayStation instead is simply because it has a much stronger and more flavored set of games for me. Persona, Silent Hill, Dark Cloud, Kingdom Hearts, and so many more- Xbox has some great stuff too and I absolutely wouldn't overlook Microsoft, but Sony simply has more of my favorite games on their consoles.

I think that's all it really comes down to for most people who like Xbox games more as well, but who knows really. They all appeal to different people for different reasons.

Back