List of Super Mario 3D Land Cheats/Unlockables

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Well, might as well post these, since a full list of unlockables is both required and pretty annoying to find even on GameFAQs:

Unlockables

Unlock World S1

Defeat Bowser in the second castle in world 8.

Unlock Worlds S2-S8

Beat the end of world castle/airship level (all others are technically optional)

Play as Luigi

Beat Dry Bowser for the first time in World S1's castle.

Stars on file

1. Beat Bowser in world 8
2. Beat all levels
3. Beat special world, then Bowser in world 8 (normal) as Luigi
4. Collect all star medals in levels
5. Get gold flag in each level AND beat each as Mario and Luigi

Unlock world 8 S Crown: Get five stars on file

Crowns in lives counter/hatless Normal Mario/Luigi: Get over 999 lives for one crown, 100 more for a second and max out the final digit for a third. Then, small Mario and Luigi will have no hat, and regular Mario and Luigi will.

Shiny Stars on file select: Never see the assist blocks or use them, and fulfil criteria for stars on file.

Photos

Photo 9: Beat the game as Mario, normal world 8
Photo 10: Beat the game as Luigi, normal world 8
Photo 11: Unlock special world (same criteria as 9)
Photo 12: Complete special world, then beat the game.

For reference:

Number of star medals to open levels

1-4: 3 Star Medals
3-5: 15 Star Medals
4-3: 30 Star Medals
5-3: 40 Star Medals
5-Bowser: 50 Star Medals
6-5: 60 Star Medals
7-3: 70 Star Medals
8-3: 80 Star Medals
8-Bowser 1: 90 Star Medals
8-Bowser 2: 100 Star Medals
S1-Bowser: 110 Star Medals
S2-Airship: 120 Star Medals
S3-Airship: 140 Star Medals
S4-Airship: 160 Star Medals
S5-Bowser: 180 Star Medals
S6-Airship: 200 Star Medals
S7-Bowser: 220 Star Medals
S8-1: 230 Star Medals
S8-2: 240 Star Medals
S8-3: 250 Star Medals
S8-4: 260 Star Medals
S8-5: 270 Star Medals
S8-Bowser: 290 Star Medals

Alternate Title Screen: Quit game when saved in any of the special worlds. To reset, save game when in normal worlds.

Hidden Items

World 1-2: After the flag pole, jump up near the left wall in the room with the Koopas to find a hidden block with a star inside.

World S1-1: There's a bouncy orange platform to the right of the second star in the level, jump on it to find a hidden block with a grey Tanooki Leaf inside.

Hidden Warp Zones

World 1-2 to World 2: At the invisible blocks with a star, jump away from the screen to the back to land on a hidden ledge with a 1-Up. Follow it right to find an orange warp pipe leading to world 2.

World 4-5 to World 5: At the mushroom platforms at the end, wall jump up to the shaft to the left. Go up and right to find an orange pipe leading to world 5.

Max Star Coins

The max number of star coins possible to get is 999 with StreetPass.

Misc

Skip a bit of S7-5: When on the last cog with the final Star Medal, use the Tanooki Suit to hover towards the flagpole, and you can just about make the airship in the distance.

Skip almost all of 7-1: The flag pole is just across the water filled pit, so just jump across from the start of the level. Hey, level done in about five seconds.

Skip much of 7-5. From the mid way point, jump across the two spinning things in front of you, then use the Tanooki Suit to hover down to the flag.

Skip end of 8-1: When running from all the spike balls, jump off the slope to the right to land right next to the flag pole.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not too difficult.After you've gotten all the star coins,getting the golden flags is pretty easy.

I recommend grabbing a Tanooki suit.

I just have a question; how many star coins in total are in this game? I keep on finding new ones when I think I've found them all. I've got 310+ already I think, but is there about 330-ish or what?

I'll be honest, over half the people who even have this game already know about every one of these "cheats", and even if they didn't they would most likely search for cheats on Google, and not a forum.

I just have a question; how many star coins in total are in this game? I keep on finding new ones when I think I've found them all. I've got 310+ already I think, but is there about 330-ish or what?
300 from regular levels only from what i can remember

From what I hear elsewhere, you can theoretically get 999 from mystery boxes, but by yourself it's much less

Nope. Although there's a bit of conflicting info there, apparently it's only 335 if playing alone.

Also, found an older topic about this and merged it, that way it's easier to find all the info.

Back