Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
I'm not normally one to see movies on release weekend, but my friend dragged me to the movie tonight and was pretty good. Even gave a teaser for Deadpool 2 which is worth seeing.

Though I do recommend seeing this movie which brings a good closure to both the X-men series and Wolverine series, I must warn you that it is gory as fuck! Heads are rolling, people are being gutted and lots of things that will make your head turn away.

So anyone see it?

I liked it a lot, definitely a big departure from most super hero flicks. The action was pretty good but I didn't care for Wolverine being sluggish and old. I didn't like The Revenant for the same reason. I don't want to watch this millionaire actor pretend he's in severe pain and barely able to move for hours and hours. Logan wasn't as bad in that aspect, but it did remind me of it.

it's a bad look for him but at the same time it shows what can happen to the best.
Yeah, it was as seeing him like that. I probably didn't pay enough attention to the trailers, but I thought he would just be older in this version and not so washed up.

I didn't watch it, heck I've never seen an Xmen movie, but I was talking to a friend who saw it last night and I basically guessed the ending.

Not seen any of the Wolverine movies before, can this be watched on its own? What order shall I watch them in?
I think all of his movies are stand alone, not much continuity with anything else. Origins is pretty bad, but The Wolverine is good. You can watch that and then Logan if you want. Have you kept up with the main X-Men movies?

I think all of his movies are stand alone, not much continuity with anything else. Origins is pretty bad, but The Wolverine is good. You can watch that and then Logan if you want. Have you kept up with the main X-Men movies?
Nope, the only Marvel films I've seen is Iron Man and Deadpool, its something I want to get into but no idea where to start.

Nope, the only Marvel films I've seen is Iron Man and Deadpool, its something I want to get into but no idea where to start.
Oh, well that changes things. I'd recommend watching all the movies they put out in chronological order. You can skip Origins since most people hate it and you can skip Wolverine too since it doesn't feed back in to the main arc (still a good movie though, watch it if you can). The rest are pretty essential to keep up with the plot. The newer trilogy is pretty good, I really liked First Class.

I haven't seen it yet but I did hear it was a good one. I think I will wait until it comes out of theaters to watch it.

I went to see this movie when it came out. I agree that it was pretty violent but I sort of expected it going in because it is a movie based on Wolverine. Plus, it didn't take very long before we got to the action so it wouldn't have taken very long to figure it out anyway. I thought it was a good movie, however, I don't recommend it for children or the faint of heart.

Seriously, how many wolverine movies can they squeeze out? Sad. It's like the Hulk movies; each one was more terrible than the last. Money is tight for me right now and I can't waste my hard earned dollars on any more of theses movies. Sheesh, can't they find another character to focus on. Hugh Jackman is adorable but he's getting old and I'm sure he doesn't want to do these roles any longer. Please, please stop with the wolverine movies. or maybe, they can do like Spiderman and get someone else to play logan. That guy cannot last another movie as the Wolverine. Give him a rest.

Seriously, how many wolverine movies can they squeeze out? Sad. It's like the Hulk movies; each one was more terrible than the last. Money is tight for me right now and I can't waste my hard earned dollars on any more of theses movies. Sheesh, can't they find another character to focus on. Hugh Jackman is adorable but he's getting old and I'm sure he doesn't want to do these roles any longer. Please, please stop with the wolverine movies. or maybe, they can do like Spiderman and get someone else to play logan. That guy cannot last another movie as the Wolverine. Give him a rest.
But the Hulk and Wolverine movies both get better. Logan is probably the best one, and The Wolverine is close behind it. We just pretend the first one, Origins, doesn't exist. Same thing with the Hulk, Edwards Norton's version was better than that early 2000s abomination.

I've seen the movie and I must say, wow, I applaude the director and the cast, the movie was AMAZING, cried manly tears.

Back