Looking forward to a future contest

J-RAY

Top Fight Security!
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I'm looking forward into convincing you to do a "RACE TO PLAT" contest. I think that would be very fun. Maybe GTA5 perhaps?

I have some serious ideas with this that should really push this contest into one amazing thing. If the admin is interesting in this idea, let me know. I think it would do well.

Single player tournaments are very hard cause it's easy to fake. :p

Also this could only be done by a few people, one thing I've liked about the contests here are that they allow everyone to participate. Also I'm not sure if that could be done in a month. I don't know if we do those big contests anymore, we do the video games every month. Personally, I wouldn't mind waiting for a bigger contest, but I don't really care.

Most people here have a PS3. And no crazy shit like GTA V. That could take longer than IV for all we know. I say a unanimous game, that is fairly average in difficulty, and single player only.

Most people here have a PS3. And no crazy shit like GTA V. That could take longer than IV for all we know. I say a unanimous game, that is fairly average in difficulty, and single player only.
I understand your fear. :lol:

GTA V could end up being a Gran Turismo 5 type Plat. >_> Working on it right now, and it's a 500 hour Plat. Knocked out about 5 hours maybe. lol

eeww, grand Turismo!!! I hate that one. That part where you are the radio guy telling the driver to slow down, turn, speed up........so stupid.

It's true GTA 5 could be a long one which is why the award would have to be worth it. I for one, would place $20 that I'll get that plat before you do, if you are willing to bet the same for yourself then the pot is $40 already. Have 8 or 9 others, and the pot is $400!
There's you motivation. :lol:

Can you give more details on 'race to plat?'

Who gets the Platinum trophy for a game first. We start when everyone owns it.

Exactly, and Mori and I don't even have that many games on PS3.

There's a thing called time stamps guys... It's easy to know if someone is at 0% or not when the contest starts.

No. I wish Sony would add that option though. That's why we need to pick a game we are all at either 0%, none of us have started, or isn't out yet.

Well, whatever game is chosen would have to be one of the very popular soon to be released games. This way there is no room for cheating and brings confirmed starting date.

Can you give more details on 'race to plat?'
There's a few ways to do this type of contest.

Basic Contest:
1. You make a contest topic where people can enter the race to plat. Do not make it ugly. Make the main topic post well written and flashy. Even if you have to make a banner for the contest. Also at the end of the post throw in proper template for people to copy & paste to enter such as:
Code:
[b]Forum name[/b]:
[b]PSN username[/b]:
2. People are not allowed to discuss and freely talk in that in the contest topic other than replying to enter the contest.
3. They enter the contest and give their information and you just edit the main contest entry topic post by adding the competitors making a contest roster.
Example:
The Current Roster

Forum name: AidsorHIV
PSN username: AidsorHIV

4. Now somewhere in the topic of the contest use a url to show the topic where people can freely discuss the contest.

EXTREMELY ADVANCED WAY
1. Same as #1 from the basic but a more advanced entry with more information to add to the roster. You probably will have to elaborate by explaining how a few of these questions should be answered as it will be vital for the competition to make yourself look good as a competitor.
Code:
[b]Forum name[/b]:
[b]PSN username[/b]:
[b]Trophy level[/b]:
[b]Total Trophies[/b]:
[b]Total games listed as played[/b]:
[b]Gaming game type preference[/b]:
[b]Most hated game(s)[/b]:
[b]Most loved game(s)[/b]:
[b]Looking forward to the release(s) of[/b]:
[b]Competitors advantage[/b]:
2. Same as #2 from the basic
3. Same as #3 from the basic but with more information from the competitor. It would look something like this.
Example:
The Current Roster
Forum name: AidsorHIV
PSN username: AidsorHIV
Trophy level: 9 @ 19%
Total Trophies: 516
Total games listed as played: 23
Gaming game type preference: I used to be an FPS guy only back in the day. Halflife deathmatch, renegade, unreal, quake, but as I've aged I've moved on to other types of games. For the most part I like open world games best but play a wide type of games.
Most hated game(s): Epic Mickey, Gran Turismo, and Skate 3 comes to mind.
Most loved game(s): GTA4, Sleeping Dogs, Red Dead Redemption, Dead Island, & Uncharted.
Looking forward to the release(s) of: GTA5, Dead Island: Riptide, The Last Guardian, and Saints Row: The IV.
Competitors advantage: One of my best advantages is time. I have a guaranteed 3hrs a day of playing during the week & on the weekend sometimes even as far as 8hrs a day. With the release of GTA5 there is no doubt it will be all that I do for a month straight too. I actually opted out from buying the ps3 because of the cost of the machine then GTA4 came out, I played it with a friend on it's release day, then ran to the store and bought the machine and the game. I didn't buy any other game for about 3 months and ONLY played gta4 the whole time for like 6hrs a day.[of course no one would notice because I lost my ps3 and my PSN account a year ago losing all of my plats!:(]

4. 4. Now somewhere in the topic of the contest use a url to show the topic where people can freely discuss the contest as well. In the main topic post mention that this is the spot to talk about the contest for everyone and people are free to ask a contestant with anything regarding the contest, their personality, or whatever but use the following template:
Code:
[size=5][color=#008000]Question for [insertname]:[/color][/size]
Example:
Question for [insertname]:
Now now people can find out more about certain contestants.

5. Here's where the technical part comes in place.
a). People who entry must pay $10 or $15 or $20(you choose which one) to enter. The money will go into a money pool(the admins paypal account).
B) Depending on how many entries there is will determine the winners prize cash. Let's say 20 people enter @ $15ea. This brings a total of $300 in the pool.
c) The person who wins 1st for the plat is awarded 45% of the pool
d) The person who wins 2nd for the plat is awarded 25% of the pool
e) 5% of the total of the pool goes to the house(admin/forum)

f) So now there is 15% left($75). Now there is betting money. For anyone who would like to place a bet on a competitor. The odds would depend on how many players there is.
So we said 20 people entered = odds 20/1 but like all gambling the payout is only 1/2
So people can freely bet on a competitor until the $75 is accounted for. You'll have to do a min/max bet limit. Let's say $15max.
So now people can bet until $37.50 is spoken for.
g) You will also need to have a person limit where there is only say two bets allowed for a competitor to win.
h) When the winner comes out all betting peeps are paid, if there was no winner than their bets are placed in the pool. Any additional money after the initial $300(entry money) is paid out is split 50/50 between the 1st, 2nd, and house.

YES, this is a complex contest for the back end but in reality GTA5 is going to be a big hit and this allows a lot of people to be involved. Also in the competition topic you can mention that all competitors should use banners one their siggies to help promote this contest and offer a bunch.
On one hand they will not to increase their odds of winning but on the other they will want to because it increases the pool.

I understand this sounds too crazy, but I've successfully done this several times and it was a big hit. I used to run a general discussion forum back in the day and for fun my community would do rap/poetry battles in the forum of posting on a one day event. The objective was to offend the other poster. I created a contest where people entered like that and put in a mini bio of themselves, they paid money the same way there was bets on who would win. The funny part was pre-event one the dicussion topic. Before placing a bet the peeps would ask all of these questions to each of them like "Which side did you take B.I.G or 2pac?". Then they would bet on who they really think is going to win. It was a voting thing. At the end names were placed for people to vote. We knew there would be cheating going on but the community was too large for one person to advantage themselves even more than 1% so it didn't matter.
(A side note: during the competition day the watchers and betting peeps had their own topic to argue and discuss what currently was happening during the contest).

Anyway, I've said enough.

Back