Switch Looking forward to the Switch

triforceguy1

Credits
So, who's looking forward to the Switch? I know I am! Can't wait until tomorrow when I can finally get my greasy mitts on one (for four hours at least haha)

I think Breath of the Wild is going to be absolutely amazing and cannot wait to see how it turns out. I've also been hearing murmurings that the new Mario game is going to be more like Sunshine and 64 rather than 3D World... I hope so, I really miss those types of Mario games.

What games are all of you looking forward to?

I've been hopping that Nintendo will get away from the whole portable gaming and run with a console only but it looks like the switch is going to be that yet again.

When they announce it tonight I'll decide if I should get it.

I've been hopping that Nintendo will get away from the whole portable gaming and run with a console only but it looks like the switch is going to be that yet again.

When they announce it tonight I'll decide if I should get it.

Why would Nintendo get rid of portable game consoles? That's where a lot of their success has come from in recent years. I'm all for it, honestly.

I understand where they are coming from. It's just my own problem. Since I'm 35yrs old I'm obviously not going to be walking around carrying a portable game system like I'm 13yrs old. haha.

The majority of gamers are 12 so it makes sense to make systems for kids.

I understand where they are coming from. It's just my own problem. Since I'm 35yrs old I'm obviously not going to be walking around carrying a portable game system like I'm 13yrs old. haha.

Unlike their consoles, Nintendo's handhelds have stood the test of time and back handed Sony's PSP series into oblivion. Only a mad man would get rid of that.

so my question to you is, why do you need to carry it around? I rarely take my Nintendo handhelds outside of my room much less the house. Just keep it by your gaming chair and play like you normally would.

For the topic title, based on the Direct tonight, I am not hyped for the Switch.

Not sure where you pulled that number from, but actually the average gamer is in their 30's. Also handheld consoles aren't made for kids, there are plenty of mature games for handheld consoles.

Unlike their consoles, Nintendo's handhelds have stood the test of time and back handed Sony's PSP series into oblivion. Only a mad man would get rid of that.

so my question to you is, why do you need to carry it around? I rarely take my Nintendo handhelds outside of my room much less the house. Just keep it by your gaming chair and play like you normally would.
I have a big screen Tv. I have a giant sound system. I have a turtle beach $400 headset for the night. I'm not playing a video game on a 6" screen in my apartment.

Not sure where you pulled that number from, but actually the average gamer is in their 30's. Also handheld consoles aren't made for kids, there are plenty of mature games for handheld consoles.
I made up the 12yr old thing. I think you are right. There are going to be more adult gamers nowadays, BUT not for nintendo. You said there are a lot of mature games but ninendo is known for youngful ones.

The point I was trying to make is if you are a 35yr old walking around with a handheld gaming system you are going to look immature. You can't be a mature adult walking around with a skateboard, wearing disney T-shirts, or carrying a gaming system. Its ridiculous.

BUT this isn't to say that the system sucks or anything like that. It's just not for an adult.

I had the original wii which I gave to the wife and I struggled to find mature games that were very good.

The point I was trying to make is if you are a 35yr old walking around with a handheld gaming system you are going to look immature. You can't be a mature adult walking around with a skateboard, wearing disney T-shirts, or carrying a gaming system. Its ridiculous.

BUT this isn't to say that the system sucks or anything like that. It's just not for an adult.

I had the original wii which I gave to the wife and I struggled to find mature games that were very good.

I guess that depends on if you actually care about other people's opinion of you. I'm 25 and I'll take my DS with me anywhere I go and play it whenever I have time to kill. There are plenty of games for more mature gamers on the DS. Hell, even the more "childish" ones, like Zelda and Pokémon games are quite a bit fun to play.

I don't care about if playing a handheld console makes me "look immature". I have a steady full time job, a family and kids of my own. Gaming in any form doesn't change any of that, it just adds to the experience.

The Wii systems are considered family consoles, for everyone including adults. The same goes for handhelds. Nintendo does not design solely for children, they design for everyone.

I have to care though. I gotta get a girlfriend eventually. My celibacy is making my testosterone cause anger and depression. It took my ex-wife about 5 minutes to gt over things and move on. haha

I have to care though. I gotta get a girlfriend eventually. My celibacy is making my testosterone cause anger and depression. It took my ex-wife about 5 minutes to gt over things and move on. haha
Just because you are a gamer doesn't mean you can't get a girlfriend, or in my case a boyfriend. I know plenty of people who are gamers and have relationships. But we are getting way off topic here.

Anywho, I was able to try the Switch today, and it was amazing. Wish I had more time with it haha

It's a good change of topic from gaming though.

So how were you able to try one out?

It's a good change of topic from gaming though.

So how were you able to try one out?
Indeed haha
And I was invited to the UK premier as part of the press. Got lots of images and footage which I plan to edit tomorrow... have been awake for nearly 40 hours straight now lol

I have a big screen Tv. I have a giant sound system. I have a turtle beach $400 headset for the night. I'm not playing a video game on a 6" screen in my apartment.

I totally get where you are coming from, but the games are so fun you forget that you're playing on a small screen.

I have to care though. I gotta get a girlfriend eventually. My celibacy is making my testosterone cause anger and depression.

I feel your annoyance.

Indeed haha
And I was invited to the UK premier as part of the press. Got lots of images and footage which I plan to edit tomorrow... have been awake for nearly 40 hours straight now lol

lucky SoB....

Back