cm2

Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
“The game mixes stealth with vertical climbing parkour,” lead designer Martin Wilkes told IGN. “If you want a reference you might think of it as similar to Prince of Persia. It is mostly a non-combat game, but Gollum will be able to stealthily take out enemies. However, this will not be easy and always come with big risks. We want players to carefully weigh these encounters. After all, Gollum’s strengths lie in cunning not combat.”

While Gollum will not use weapons, he will be able to distact enemies with throwable items, as well as profit from the abilities of “special allies” and can use the environment to his advantage, according to lead narrative designer Tilman Schanen. Those “special allies” are familiar characters that “for the most part” will play smaller roles in the story, “but in some cases very significant.”

As for decision making, players will have to choose from responses proposed by his Smeagol personality and Gollum personality. According to Schanen, the decisions you make affect how the game feels, and the “dominant” persona can influence “animations, soundscapes, certain gameplay situations, and in-game dialogue.”

Is it only me or is his character design weird?
Or maybe I'm just too used to movie Gollum.

Is it only me or is his character design weird?
Or maybe I'm just too used to movie Gollum.

Yea looks a bit off in the game from the trailer.

Saw a new trailer:

Game is getting bombed by critics, avg only 40 out of 100.

"The Lord of the Rings: Gollum is a broken mess of a game. There are barely any redeeming qualities to be found amidst what can only be described as a massive missed opportunity. There is some serious potential in a single-player linear Lord of the Rings experience like this, but with outrageously dated level design, clunky controls, a severe lack of polish, muddy and unimpressive graphics, and a dull story, Gollum completely misses the mark. As massive fans of the books, films, and games, it's sad to see that there is nothing precious about this experience."

Even with a better budget, I'm not sure what they could have done really. How many people want to play a Gollum game lmao?

Back