Major fuel pipeline forced to shut down after cyber attack

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

The pipeline supplies 45% of the East Coast’s fuel products, including gasoline, diesel and home heating oil.

Hopefully, the fuel pipeline shut down won't cause people to not have enough heating oil for home heating, or affect people who get their electricity from gas powered electric generator.

whelp, there goes gas prices...

Hopefully, the gas prices won't be too high, and the US government offer some financial assistance for poorer people who will be struggling to afford more expensive gas, so people with less money can afford gas for their car which they use to drive to work, and school.

That's sad.
I really don't get why people try to steal and make trouble for others.... Ugh (_ _)

That's sad.
I really don't get why people try to steal and make trouble for others.... Ugh (_ _)

I read a news article that a criminal ransomeware gang wanted money in exchange for the diigital password which unlock the Ransomeware which locked the fuel pipeline's computer network system.

Sadly, the fuel shortage is making a lot of people afraid that they won't have enough gas, and home heating oil which they need in their daily life. Unfortunately, the fuel shortages caused by this fuel pipeline cyberattack looks like it is causing products like food and services like taxi rides to become more expensive because fuel is rising in price because of this fuel pipeline cyberattacks.

The wonderful pictures of idiots hoarding gas have been wonderful and very entertaining. There was one very smart woman using plastic bags to collect fuel.

The wonderful pictures of idiots hoarding gas have been wonderful and very entertaining. There was one very smart woman using plastic bags to collect fuel.

So far two gas collector's cars have blown up due to gas being stored in them. Both somehow safe despite being in the car time of explosion.

I read a news story that the pipeline is open again, and the pipeline company paid $5 million dollars to the Ransomware gang.

Thankfully, I haven't read any stories of people getting seriously burned or killed by hoarding gas.

So far two gas collector's cars have blown up due to gas being stored in them. Both somehow safe despite being in the car time of explosion.
Yeah, I saw lol. Apparently, one didn't even want any medical attention afterwards.

I read an article at The Colonial Pipeline Was Fine, But Its Owner Shut It Down To Make Sure They'd Get Paid Correctly that the pipeline Ransomware attack infected only their billing service, so the gas company decided to shut the gas pipeline off because they can't use their billing payment system.

I feel the gas pipeline company could of use workers to use pen and paper, phone, laptop or a tablet/smartphone to manually bill gas stations who buy gas, diesel and home heating oil to buyers.

I read an article at The Colonial Pipeline Was Fine, But Its Owner Shut It Down To Make Sure They'd Get Paid Correctly that the pipeline Ransomware attack infected only their billing service, so the gas company decided to shut the gas pipeline off because they can't use their billing payment system.

I feel the gas pipeline company could of use workers to use pen and paper, phone, laptop or a tablet/smartphone to manually bill gas stations who buy gas, diesel and home heating oil to buyers.

yeah that is a load of BS, maybe shut down for a day or two but it could have been up much sooner.

yeah that is a load of BS, maybe shut down for a day or two but it could have been up much sooner.

I feel the gas pipeline can give away free gas for a few hours to days because of billing being down. The gas company can always raise the price of gas in the future to earn back the money they lost from their billing software not working because of Ransomeware.

I feel the gas pipeline can give away free gas for a few hours to days because of billing being down. The gas company can always raise the price of gas in the future to earn back the money they lost from their billing software not working because of Ransomeware.

no one said free, paper and pen still works last I checked.

Back