Majora's Mask is in Link Between Worlds?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Look carefully at this screenshot:

gallery_1_2_45593.jpg

It's clearly visible on the right wall of the shop, as seen in the trailer.

So is this a hint to Majora's Mask 3D? Confirmation the game ties in with Majora's Mask canon wise? A random easter egg? What do you think?

I think it's an important piece to this game's storyline as well as how it is connected to other LoZ games. (like OoT and WW and TP) I would do that if I ever made a cool game. (Although OoT 3D did have a SS poster in it and some other things.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome cameo. I hope it's important and not hinting to an MM remake on 3DS.

How can that be? Isn't Majora's mask from a different timeline?

Not according to my time line.

I think it's in the same timeline as Nintendo's too, but Idk care about theirs enough to check.

I think it's in the same timeline as Nintendo's too, but Idk care about theirs enough to check.

Yours isn't canon so it's irrelevant. :p I think Majoras Mask in the shop is just a little teaser of things to come. Nintendo loves to do that.

Yours isn't canon so it's irrelevant. :p I think Majoras Mask in the shop is just a little teaser of things to come. Nintendo loves to do that.

Yeah and Nintendo pulled theirs out of their butts. Claiming that Link failed in OoT. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Yeah and Nintendo pulled theirs out of their butts. Claiming that Link failed in OoT. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Considering what they had to work with it was actually quite a smart move (ihmo) ;P I never even thought about the possibility but it makes sense. Sometimes the good guys don't finish first and the ending isn't always happy. That's a retty good lesson to learn for real life as well.

Endings aren't always happy, and regardless it's their series and Nintendo can do what they please with it. Oot's bad ending is a "what if" type of thing (like many other games do with endings)...it's not that bad. But either way I love the timeline and where each game is placed within it What other people say or claim is totally irrelevant.

Other games treat their series much worse (Sega/Sonic and Capcom/Megaman). What Nintendo did was actually smart and gave the series more of a purpose. Not all endings are happy.

Endings aren't always happy, and regardless it's their series and Nintendo can do what they please with it. Oot's bad ending is a "what if" type of thing (like many other games do with endings)...it's not that bad. But either way I love the timeline and where each game is placed within it What other people say or claim is totally irrelevant.

Other games treat their series much worse (Sega/Sonic and Capcom/Megaman). What Nintendo did was actually smart and gave the series more of a purpose. Not all endings are happy.

I don't see it that way. I know you can die in OoT, but you get a game over then they send you on your merry way. Now if they pulled a Banjo-Kazooie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnA_6I4y0_0

But since they didn't I can not accept that Link failed because as far as the game and I are concerned, he didn't. You can't just throw in random "what if's" everywhere. Then you just create paradoxes of things that never happened. You can do that in real life. Examples: What if the Germans won WWII? What if Nintendo got the liscence to Popeye and it never became Donkey Kong? What if 9/11 never happened? There's so many "what ifs" that never happened. You can't base life or video games over that.

I've seen that before. I believe there's only an adult and child timeline which is why to me my timeline makes more sense than the one Nintendo made because Link doesn't die. Mine can connect with every Zelda game and have every cameo make sense without making some kind of stupid theory where Link has to die. Sure that means that WW-ST gets seperated from the rest of the games, but really since there's no new Hyrule until ST there's no proof in the Zelda games to show that a game follows ST besides the return of Ganon where he destroys new Hyrule.

I'm not saying mine is correct I'm just saying mine makes more sense than Nintendo who tried to be creative with it by making Link die, which he never did.

I've seen that before. I believe there's only an adult and child timeline which is why to me my timeline makes more sense than the one Nintendo made because Link doesn't die. Mine can connect with every Zelda game and have every cameo make sense without making some kind of stupid theory where Link has to die. Sure that means that WW-ST gets seperated from the rest of the games, but really since there's no new Hyrule until ST there's no proof in the Zelda games to show that a game follows ST besides the return of Ganon where he destroys new Hyrule.

I'm not saying mine is correct I'm just saying mine makes more sense than Nintendo who tried to be creative with it by making Link die, which he never did.

So in you view Link is immortal?

I don't think Link is immortal. Him dying just can't be considered canon. Now if we're talking Zelda II and they make a timeline where a game splits off from Zelda II and it's where Link dies, then I can't complain. In the game over screen, it says, "Ganon Returns" or something like that. However in OoT or any game for that matter suggests that Link died or failed.

I don't think Link is immortal. Him dying just can't be considered canon. Now if we're talking Zelda II and they make a timeline where a game splits off from Zelda II and it's where Link dies, then I can't complain. In the game over screen, it says, "Ganon Returns" or something like that. However in OoT or any game for that matter suggests that Link died or failed.

So it's only bad because they didn't plan it out from the start?

Actually they did plan it from the start. I'm pretty sure someone from Nintendo confirmed this in an interview a few years before they released their timeline. In the same interview the guy said they would never announce what the real timeline is because they thought it would be more fun having fans speculate the timeline themselves. However with the plan of a timeline, they never put anything in the game over that would say it's canon to the series. I don't think that's the real timeline and that their still holding back.

Okay people look at the facts. flachback: Your a kid in 1991 and you
get a new game, link to the past, and you play a song on your ocarina
for the rat kid in the haunted grove. He then turns into a TREE. Flash
forward in time: You get a game called majora's mask. You then see a
TREE that looks VERY familer in a forest like area. A theroy online
states the link whent through the forest and ended up in termana and you
see other versions of past people. The Kid in the haunted grove had a
father. The Bulter says, " I'm sorry i whent to fast a remebered when i
raced againist my SON." In the end you see the butler crying over the
deku boy.

look at the facts. very strange! if you have any points to this theroy then post a comment.

Where is Zelda CD-i in all of this?

Nowhere. They never happened. Maybe in some other freakish dimension but not anywhere near the real Zelda universe/multiverse.

Back