Man dies after electrocuting himself by charging his iPhone in the bath

Man dies after electrocuting himself by charging his iPhone in the bath

Discussion in 'Gadget Hub' started by froggyboy604, Mar 20, 2017.

  1. froggyboy604

    froggyboy604 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

    16,163
    72
    421
    Money:
    $21,023
    A man in London, England was electrocuted and pronounced dead in his home after attempting to charge his iPhone while using it in the bath. According to a report from the Daily Mail, Richard Bull’s body was first discovered by his wife, who initially assumed he had been attacked based on the severity of the burns.

    Read More

    It is unfortunate that the man died from charging his iPhone in the bath.
     
  2. Danielx64

    Danielx64 Well-Known Member Full GL Member

    234
    17
    102
    Money:
    $285
    Really you would need to be a complete idiot for doing that.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dark Young Link

    Dark Young Link Well-Known Member Full GL Member

    5,320
    944
    172
    Money:
    $1,484
    I feel bad for laughing, but it's kind of common sense to not do that.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. CM30

    CM30 Well-Known Member Staff Member Vice Admin Full GL Member

    12,653
    952
    197
    Money:
    $1,970
    Sigh. As bad as it must be for his friends and family, it should be common sense not to use electronic equipment near water. I mean, there's a reason why s many fictional characters die from having a toaster dropped into the bath:

    Electrified Bathtub - TV Tropes
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. IntoxNitram

    IntoxNitram GamingLatest Slave Staff Member Administrator

    3,903
    53
    232
    It's hard to feel bad when reading a story like this, common sense is needed.
     
  6. froggyboy604

    froggyboy604 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

    16,163
    72
    421
    Money:
    $21,023
    The guy may have survive if he used a external battery-powered charger or charging case since these chargers maybe designed to not electrocute people when drop in water like how most smartphones, handheld consoles, and tablets won't electrocute the user when it gets wet from dropping it in a pool of water. The device may get damaged, but the user won't get electrocuted in most cases when picking up their wet device.

    Plus, mobile batteries' electricity are not as powerful as the wall's power which can use a maximum of 1000 watts or more power to power things like hair dryers, and home heaters.
     
  7. Demon_Skeith

    Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Top Poster Of Month

    49,009
    449
    447
    Only way I can see this is that we have one less idiot in the world, may he not have breed before his end.
     

Share This Page