Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
To celebrate 30 years of Super Mario, Nintendo is going to release a encyclopedia dedicated to the Mario series which covers all 17 main titles in the series and features developer interviews, original art, explanations of level designs, and famous glitches.

You can get it on amazon for ¥3,132 / £17 / $26 / €23.

Anyone going to buy it? No word on a western release at this time.

Is it even being legally sold? haha

I find it odd that they wouldn't release it to the world.

I figure there is a good chance that it's not legal because most companies who are international market their games internationally.
It doesn't make sense that they would just randomly throw a full the full series of mario but not bring it to walmart and U.S. It's either Nintendo is stupid or some other company made it.

I'm not sure I'd buy this to be honest. On the one hand, it does seem like it has some info about the games and some artwork to go with it (from what I've heard from the product descriptions). On the other hand... what's there to see that I can't find out at Mario Wiki? It's not like Mario has a timeline...

I am not that big of a fan of Mario to go all the way to get the guide.

I don't find that odd if it was a Japan only product. I think we're pretty much discussing here exactly why the move wouldn't exactly work. There is not enough interest and it doesn't feel a justified purchase when the info is so readily available. They'd need some exclusive content but there is only so far you can have about Mario not already revealed by now.

still if you love the Mario series, having an special edition that conveniently gets you all the information reunited in one book conveniently printed and in your hands I think it is alright.

Back