Mario Kart 8 hacking is coming along well...

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Liked the recent video of Sonic in the game?

If so, you'll be happy to know quite a few other interesting hacks have been made and released too. For example, now Kirby, Lucas, Petey Piranha and Guzma are in Mario Kart:

A custom battle arena based on a Mario Kart Double Dash one has been imported in:

And the first fully custom tracks seem to be in development:

So yeah, it seems the game's modding scene is getting more interesting now!

leave it to the hackers to put some fun into the game.
Haha yeah, but I think it's also because of copyright or whatever that game developers can't put EVERYTHING in their games. Do these count as hacks though? They're more of mods to be quite honest, and the only stuff I consider "hacks" are ones that improve gameplay for you, for example in online games where there are rankings globally. A program or tool that helps you automatically headshot an enemy with a single fire of your gun is a hack. Adding the keyblade or Thomas the Train Engine on Skyrim is a mod.

Haha yeah, but I think it's also because of copyright or whatever that game developers can't put EVERYTHING in their games. Do these count as hacks though? They're more of mods to be quite honest, and the only stuff I consider "hacks" are ones that improve gameplay for you, for example in online games where there are rankings globally. A program or tool that helps you automatically headshot an enemy with a single fire of your gun is a hack. Adding the keyblade or Thomas the Train Engine on Skyrim is a mod.

if there is every any issue with a game its always due to copyright.

if there is every any issue with a game its always due to copyright.

Eh, couild be development time. Like how The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker was rushed out for a Christmas release and had to cut two full dungeons and various other things from the game. Or problems in development in general (like with Sonic Boom and Duke Nukem Forever).

The line between mods and hacks is blurry. In this case, the usage of the word is based on the term 'ROM hack', which is the general phrase used for mods of console games:

ROM hacking - Wikipedia

Additionally, hack as a term is a general one used for a lot of things. It can be cheating or exploiting, but it can also be finding novel ways to do something.

hack

How do you do this? I was not aware you could do this to the game. Is this illegal to do something like this to a game or is it perfectly fine?

Back