Maru Smartphone OS combines Android With Debian Linux for A Desktop PC experience on a Phone

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
JSWk1xl.jpg

As a smartphone, Maru bring you a fully functional Android Lollipop operating system with no bloatware– no pre-installed apps except Google Play — for a more spacious ROM and a relatively faster device.

How can a smartphone become a desktop?

Easy, just connect your keyboard and mouse using its embedded Bluetooth technology and connect the smartphone to a bigger display via a HDMI cable and within 5 seconds, what was once an android oriented smartphone now becomes a Linux OS driven desktop.

Read More

Maru OS looks like a good OS for users who want to use their smartphone as a desktop PC when connected to a monitor and keyboard+mouse.

I like that Maru uses Debian instead of Ubuntu or other Linux based operating systems which are not as lightweight as Debian.

I wonder how well does the desktop version of Firefox, Google Chrome, and other web browsers run on slower hardware like CPU, RAM, and video chips found on most smartphones.

I like the idea, though I fear how easily the phone would over heat.

Maybe using the smartphone in front of a small USB-powered fan pointing the air propeller at the back of the phone will make the phone less likely to overheat when it is being used as a desktop PC.

vVo31aF.jpg

Back