Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from Gematsu:

“We were thrilled when our long-time friends at Remedy approached us about remaking the original Max Payne games,” said Rockstar Games founder Sam Houser in a press release. “We are massive fans of the work the Remedy team has created over the years, and we can’t wait to play these new versions.”

Remedy Entertainment CEO Tero Virtala added, “Max Payne has always held a special place in the hearts of everyone at Remedy, and we know the millions of fans worldwide feel the same. We’re hugely excited to be working with our partners at Rockstar Games once again for the chance to bring the story, action and atmosphere of the original Max Payne games back to players in new ways.”

Under the development agreement signed today, Remedy will develop the games as a single title for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S using its proprietary Northlight game engine. The game’s development budget will be financed by Rockstar Games, the size of which will be in line with a typical Remedy AAA-game production. Under the agreement, Remedy has a royalty opportunity after Rockstar Games has recouped its development, marketing, and other costs for distributing and publishing the game.

The project is currently in the concept development stage.

That would be cool. My babysitters oldest kids would play the first game and I would watch. It looked like a lot of fun. The only thing I remember is one very late game thing that's a spoiler so I won't say it, but it kinda stuck with me for how weird and messed up it was.

Not aware of Remedy, does anyone know if they are capable of doing a good job? Hopefully it will be a better remake than the GTA trilogy

Not aware of Remedy, does anyone know if they are capable of doing a good job? Hopefully it will be a better remake than the GTA trilogy
Remedy is the original maker of the original Max Payne games and they also created the excellent Alan Wake game so they are indeed capable.

Reactions: Ash
Ah, nice. Never played it so I will keep an eye on the remake. Good to hear that they didn't just chuck the job at some random third-party developer this time

Reactions: cm2
That would be cool. My babysitters oldest kids would play the first game and I would watch. It looked like a lot of fun. The only thing I remember is one very late game thing that's a spoiler so I won't say it, but it kinda stuck with me for how weird and messed up it was.
Story is pretty sad and messed up indeed. Though you can unlock a secret alternate good ending with the second game.

Back