Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
If you don't trust your friends with your valuables, this story might bolster your paranoia: two 20-year-old salary men were arrested yesterday in Kōbe for stealing 15-year-old kid's Yu-Gi-Oh! cards.

They alleged thieves visited their friend on February 18 and finding he wasn't there, they made off with his card collection. They are suspected of stealing the cards for resale — the 320 cards have an estimated worth of 70,000 yen (~US$685).

The event is just one in a list of adults stealing anime, manga, and video game-related merchandise. A 32-year-old male construction worker pilfered a Nintendo 3DS system from a grade schooler in April, a Saitama police officer stole his coworker's anime DVDs, and a man and two teens made off with a Dragon Ball Z vending machine in 2008.
source

320 cards? I be sick to see them all gone.

Wow, that's a bit sick. Not just the stealing itself, but having that valuable cards is just, wow...

I remember having a lot of yu-gi-oh cards myself, when I was younger. I think I had between 100-200, but I doubt they were of much value at all. Even if they had a value, I was too young to know about that, and I just gave them away to a random kid who wanted them, when I stopped playing that is.

It's sad to hear that things like these gets stolen, but it's like anything else getting stolen really... The burgulars probably don't care a squat what the item(s) in question are, as long as they can sell it for money, they will take it. And to be honest, 70 000 yen for a pile of cards is a lot of money, compared to stealing a TV and selling it. (I'm thinking about how hard it is to steal/hide/how much space it takes in relative to how much money you can earn from it).

70 000 yen, that's one box of Legend of the Galactic Heroes on blu-ray. It sure is a lot of money.

It is kind of sad to see how people steal just ordinary cards. But apparently, they are worth a lot. I would hate to see my cards stolen like that. But, this is disgusting behavior. 

This actually happened to me when I was 11 years old. I had a giant binder of about 600 pokemon cards and one of my 'friends' came over when I wasn't home and stole them. I got most of them back, when my dad took me over to kick my friends ass and talk to his parents.. but unfortunately, he had traded away most of my good ones for other cards.. not so good ones.. that I ended up getting.

Lienx said:
This actually happened to me when I was 11 years old. I had a giant binder of about 600 pokemon cards and one of my 'friends' came over when I wasn't home and stole them. I got most of them back, when my dad took me over to kick my friends ass and talk to his parents.. but unfortunately, he had traded away most of my good ones for other cards.. not so good ones.. that I ended up getting.
that sucks, I hope the ass kicking was one he/she would remember for the rest of their life.

遊戯王!
They've been airing remastered episodes as part of its 30th anniversary for quite a while now.

And the Kemono Friends community has revived the Waito meme too:

wow....I am not a fan of this but even I know how important that many cards are.

Still, being arrested for them huh...well, I am not the one to pass judgement ...so.... *sneaks out

wow....I am not a fan of this but even I know how important that many cards are.

Still, being arrested for them huh...well, I am not the one to pass judgement ...so.... *sneaks out
The reason for their arrest is not because they stole Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, it's because they stole.
It doesn't matter what you steal, in the end it's all theft, and therefore punishable.

Back