Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
I would love Microsoft if they did this.

Sure I get how Sony fans would be completely and utterly pissed if this awesome game was to become a Microsoft exclusive when it was a Sony one, I just want this game to happen now.

ToCool74 said:
I would love Microsoft if they did this.

Sure I get how Sony fans would be completely and utterly pissed if this awesome game was to become a Microsoft exclusive when it was a Sony one, I just want this game to happen now.
I completely agree, one of the best survival horror game out and I was looking forward to the next part.

If this happens I'll be so annoyed. Either make it multiplatform or just keep it where it all started. Konami are starting to seem like money grabbers.

Martin said:
If this happens I'll be so annoyed. Either make it multiplatform or just keep it where it all started. Konami are starting to seem like money grabbers.
Konami is killing their IPs like capcom did. If you want to see more of anything from their IPs, they need to be bought out.

This was an unlikely rumor for so many reasons. First off, the rumor said they paid BILLIONS for this.

Come on, seriously, even at the height of the Silent Hill franchise, it wasn't worth BILLIONS.

They paid 2.b for Mohjang and Minecraft. Are you seriously going to tell me they paid even more for this one franchise that isn't even worth half that?

Is Silent Hill worth anyone buying it? What developer can even do it justice in the horror field these days.

Not to mention an American company buying an acclaimed Japanese franchise?, Yeah, tough sell right there

I think this was just made up for some sites to get hits. This is the kind of rumor that screams clickbait and advertising money. Microsoft has money yes, but you don't get to "stay" having money by making foolish purchases. They wouldn't have gained anything but bragging rights with that purchase. And then after the game would have sold poorly it would have been sent to die.

If this rumor had a lick of truth, Kojima wouldn't have stopped working on it and Del Toro wouldn't have been crying angry about said cancellation. It was a rumor of convenience. Kojima got fired, E3 was coming up, etc. It's shady to capitalize on that, but I can't tell you how smart that is. Some sites clearly made a bit of cash off this misinformation.

Of all the things Microsoft COULD try to buy, why would they buy this of all things? It's not even a western franchise. And what eastern franchise do you know EVER did good on their platforms?

Back