froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
The update that is causing the problem, KB3194496, is not installing correctly for users. The update, when it does fail, is causing some machines to restart, often multiple times, as Windows 10 attempts to remove the failed update. Worse, after a restart, the file will attempt to install again resulting in the loop of failed install, reboot, re-install and failure again.

Read More

Hopefully, Microsoft will be more careful with releasing updates in the future. Updates which cause Windows to constantly restarts are usually the most annoying to fix.

Good thing I disabled updates.

They force them on you eventually with windows 10 though.

I agree, MS would force updates on users eventually especially if they want to use newer features like how Microsoft forced Windows 8 users to run Windows update and install updates which they may not wanted before users can upgrade to Windows 8.1 if they wanted to have a startbutton on the desktop view for Windows 8.1.

I think eventually Microsoft will release a Windows 10.1 which forces users to run Windows update to install updates before being able to upgrade to Windows 10.1.

Maybe I should turn off updates soon. I mean, haven't had any major problems yet, but I kind of worry about a broken one affecting my PC any time soon.

Maybe I should turn off updates soon. I mean, haven't had any major problems yet, but I kind of worry about a broken one affecting my PC any time soon.

Disabling or delaying updates you know they are more likely to be safe to install would be a good idea if you rely on your Windows 10 PC for very important tasks like school work, work, or family activities like planning your daily tasks which you need to get done.

It is also a good idea to make backups of your important files, and your Windows Install by using drive backup imaging programs like the Windows 10 backup program built-into Windows, CloneZilla which is free, or Acronis True Image to make a full copy of your hard drive to store on an external hard drive, so you can quickly re-install Windows, your software, games, and all your files from a backup you made with backup software.

Back