Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
A story reported earlier that said Microsoft had stopped offering free boxes to consumers to ship dead Xbox 360 consoles to replacement centers was recently cleared up by the console maker and publisher. Here's the official statement:

QUOTE "Reports that Microsoft now requires consumers to find their own packaging for sending product to Xbox 360 customer support are inaccurate. Our policy allows customers to choose whether they would like Microsoft to ship them a box and shipping label or print an electronic label and ship their console using their own packaging in an effort to speed up the repair process."— Microsoft Spokesperson

There you have it, if your system dies -- hopefully sometime within the three-year warranty -- Microsoft will still give you a free box, complete with packaging, to send your Xbox 360 off to virtual heaven.

source

I like my system as much as the next guy but if we do this were no better then people who treat their pets better then their kids!

I agree with you.

I also think shipping a defective product back to MS should be free if it is within the warranty period,. Glad, MS cleared this up.

Back