froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Microsoft leaves clues for the impending launch of a Surface Phone for Windows Phone (or Windows 10, if you prefer) every time they release a new product. Each new piece of manufacturing tells us more about the direction the company is going in. And with a number of insider sources speaking up over the past couple of weeks amid shouts from the masses for a more substantial effort from Microsoft, it might be time, sooner than you think. Sooner than the end of next year, that is to say.

According to sources speaking with Nokia Power User earlier today, two Surface phones are on the way. One would be small, the other would be tall. Sound like a strategy any other smartphone maker is taking right now?

Surface Phone
Display: 5.2-inch, 2K QHD (1440 x 2560 pixel)
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
RAM: 3-4GB
Camera: 16-megapixel, 4K video, dual-LED flash
Front-facing camera: 8-megapixel, 1080p video
Internal storage size: 32GB, 64GB
Special Features: IR scanner for "Hello"

Surface Phone XL
Display: 5.5 or 6-inch, 2K QHD (1440 x 2560 pixel)
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
RAM: 3-4GB
Camera: 16-megapixel, 4K video, dual-LED flash
Front-facing camera: 8-megapixel, 1080p video
Internal storage size: 32GB, 64GB
Special Features: IR scanner for "Hello", possible Surface Pen support (hardware not necessarily in the box)

The information you see above is based on unconfirmed "insider" sources who speak on condition of anonymity. We'll not know the full, true specifications of these devices until well into the year 2016.

Read More

I guest, the Surface Phone would be a faster and nicer Windows Phone instead of a smartphone running the Windows 10 desktop operating system which needs a x86 desktop CPU like a Intel, AMD, or VIA x86 CPU to run, and does not run on a Qualcomm mobile ARM Snapdragon 820 CPU.

I bet, most people who plan on buying an Apple or Samsung smartphone would not seriously think about getting the Surface Phone because Windows Phone still don't have Apps and games like YouTube, Snapchat, Pinterest, Kabaam games, etc which people want and sometimes need to use.

specs seem pretty good, not something I bother with though.

I agree the specs look good. But, this phone is not something I am interested in as well because there are not as many good games, or apps for it compared to Android, and iOS.

Back