froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Microsoft did everything in its power to get user to take advantage of the free update to Windows 10. It even nagged and fooled people in order to get them on-board before it was too late. This didn’t exactly go over well with those who wanted to stick with their old, reliable version of Windows. Microsoft is now calling out anyone who passed on the update and still using Windows 7, especially those in an enterprise setting. It says that operating system is outdated, and even with patches, it’s not secure enough.

Right now, Windows 7 has extended support guaranteed through January 13, 2020. After that, no more public patches will be rolled out. Although, Microsoft says the public patches might not be enough to keep Windows 7 safe anyway.

Read More

Hopefully, Windows 7 and 8.1 does not become abandoned where there are no plans to fix security problems.

I think most people who are somewhat tech savvy or have been using Windows since Windows XP or older know that Microsoft Operating Systems like 98, XP, 7, etc require a lot of security software like antivirus, antimalware, firewall, antispyware, and using updated software like web browsers to reduce the risk of security problems. PC users need to be very cautious to mostly visit sites they trust, and open files and programs from only trusted websites, and users.

I haven't updated my parent's windows 7 PC since like..... June when that forceful W10 upgrade began to happen. It's still fine today.

Back