Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Microsoft announced coming this late spring or early summer to the Xbox One; is the Xbox Game Pass. The XGP will give console owners access to over 100 Xbox One and backwards compatible games via a subscription service of $9.99 USD a month.

The service will be updated monthly with new games, some games leaving and once they leave you will no longer be able to play them. If you also cancel your subscription you will lose access to the games as well but not any date gained while playing it. If you're a gold member Microsoft said the following:

“Games with Gold and Xbox Game Pass are two different service offerings with unique benefits. Games with Gold is an added benefit specific to Xbox Live Gold members that rewards players with two to four free games each month to enjoy. Xbox Game Pass is a subscription-based service that gives you unlimited access to over 100 Xbox One and Xbox 360 backward compatible games for Xbox One for $9.99 USD per month. Xbox Live Gold is not required for Xbox Game Pass, however, Xbox Live Gold is required for multiplayer titles that are part of the Xbox Game Pass catalog.”

So Xbox fans, this a good deal or nay?

Seems like its very similar to PSNow, yet probably slightly better due to the fact you can download the games rather than having to stream them like you have to on PSNow. Hopefully the competition will improve both services.

Seems like its very similar to PSNow, yet probably slightly better due to the fact you can download the games rather than having to stream them like you have to on PSNow. Hopefully the competition will improve both services.
If i'm not mistaken it the same as EA access where you pay $10 to play EA's games: EA Access - EA

There is also Origin for PC as well. I don't know if competitions are the same but if it it it could create even more competition in the long run.

I guess it's a decent fee, although I honestly don't understand Microsoft's business strategies over the past couple of years. They give away Windows 10 for free for one year and then try to make money from ads and Xbox subscriptions. That makes little sense to me.

It's a decent deal price wise, though I'm a little worried by what it might be implying. After all, we've already seen a growing focus on 'games as a service' rather than something you own, and that was pushed a lot by Microsoft when the Xbox One was 'always online only'. So I'm a tad worried this is a sign that Microsoft thinks said direction is one to head towards.

But hey, it's a decent deal if you don't like owning games outright.

It's a fair price for people who download and play a lot of games per month. But, I wish there was a way to rent physical copies of games at a store, vending machine, or by mail for $10 or more a month since the download speeds of many ISP are still not fast enough like 1000 Mbps or faster, or give users a big enough bandwidth limit like 1TB of monthly bandwidth/data to make good use of this service.

Back