Other Miyazaki says he can handle Bloodborne DLC and Dark Souls 3 simultaneously

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Credits
The director of Bloodborne, Hidetake Miyazaki has assured that the quality of the games upcoming expansion will not be impacted by his other project, Dark Souls 3, in which he is also directing.

Expectations of the DLC are pretty high considering the critical acclaim the PS4 exclusive has met since launch and previous DLC developed by From Software.

Due to the lack of information regarding DLC for Bloodborne and the extend to which Miyazaki would be involved with it, fans expressed concern when it was announced he would also be directing Dark Souls 3.

Miyazaki spoke to GameSpot to try to prevent concern:
"The bottom line is, I think I can do it. I believe I can do both the Bloodborne DLC and Dark Souls 3," he said. "This isn't the first time I've had to work on two projects at the same time."

He continued: "When I was doing Demon's Souls, I was also working on Armoured Core: For Answer. Even for the original Dark Souls, I acted as producer and director."

"In the case of Bloodborne, although I was the lead game director, there was another director level person that also contributed," he explained. "This is the same for Dark Souls 3.

"Actually, [Yui] Tanimura-san, the director of Dark Souls 2, has already joined the [Dark Souls 3] team, which will allow me to work on core gameplay design while other things are taken care of."

He finished the statement by assuring that any project with his name on would be of high quality for both Bloodborne DLC and Dark Souls 3.

"As long as I am listed as game director on the end credits, there's a certain level of quality the game needs to meet. I can guarantee that the game quality will reach that."

Back