Mobile phones could be charged using sound

Discussion in 'Gadget & Internet Hub' started by froggyboy604, Aug 12, 2014.

1. froggyboy604

froggyboy604 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Money:
    $43,275
    Four years ago, we first heard about how Korean scientist had proposed using sound to charge mobile phones. They explained that it could be done via a piezoelectric effect, in which zinc oxide nanowires converted sound-caused vibrations into electricity. At the time, the researchers couldn't generate enough of a current to actually charge a phone. Now, however, scientists from Nokia and Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) have succeeded in doing so.

Read More

Charging a phone with sound would be useful for people who are noisy like some college students who throw a lot of parties at their Frat house, or dorms.

2. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

I don't think this could be good, specially for people and animals sensitive to certain sounds.

3. froggyboy604

Money:
    $43,275
    Further down in the article, it said that everyday background sounds will work.

But, I can see some people abusing this technology, and start to scream loudly, or tell someone to turn up the radio or TV volume to charge their phone faster.

4. Claraviolet

Claraviolet Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Female
    Money:
    $4,448
    I would love such a phone to be honest.
    I could never get tired of it...and I don't have to bother about charging it all the time.
    Wow...I don't have to carry my powerbank either!

5. froggyboy604

Money:
    $43,275
    I think most sounds would work at charging a battery because all sounds create vibrations in the air which animals and humans can hear when the sound vibration vibrate their ear drums in their ear.

If this sound charging device is very sensitive, the sound of the earth and nature like the wind, ocean, and animals may make enough sound to charge a battery. This sound charging technology could be useful for people who go to school with a lot of loud students, work at places like retail stores and restaurants where some of the costumers and workers talk very loudly because they have bad hearing, mental problems, or they yell a lot when they are mad.

6. NameGervin

NameGervin Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $12,662
    I think it will only be good for people who always at noisy places, but most people will stay away from those places.

7. froggyboy604

Money:
    $43,275
    A lot of people still listen to audio and music from their computer and stereo with audio speakers, so most people already have a sound source to charge their mobile phone speakers.

If you live in an apartment or don't live alone there will usually be some sounds from people talking, pets, musical instruments like piano and guitars which people play at home, and electronic devices like TV, PC, and stereos.

The earth has sounds from waterfalls, rivers, ocean, wind, and nature, so the sound from the earth and nature maybe enough to charge a battery.