Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
EA has confirmed that it is shutting down the online services of four games, those being Syndicate, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Shadows of the Damned, and Warp. As is common in the online gaming world, companies eventually end support for the multiplayer components of certain games after a few years. This is the fate that now awaits Syndicate and a few other games from EA.

EA recently confirmed that it is delisting some very famous games next month, including the acclaimed Battlefield: Bad Company 2. As a consequence, it will no longer be possible to purchase digital copies of these games starting at the end of April. According to the company, the procedure is part of the protocol for the closure of online services for these games. While this change is not happening yet, EA is also making more changes to its catalog.

Warp is one that I feel angry about, but I wouldn't do anything much to change their mind.
I agree with you that it's important to respect each other's right to disagree. I also think that it's important to be open to learning more about different perspectives, even if we don't agree with them.

BFBC2 was one of my favorite multiplayer games. Haven't played it in 10+ years but I still feel mad they're turning it off.

Back