Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
The digital age is upon us and as such Sony is keeping track of the most downloaded game off of their servers, this only counts downloads not total amount earned:

full

While I'm not a PS user here, I'm not too surprised with some of the results, like CoD being the most downloaded game/addon and I think CoD is most widely played still even if it getting quite long.

What would I like to know is, how much data have Sony used in getting each of those games out to people? That would be rather interesting if you ask me :)

While I'm not a PS user here, I'm not too surprised with some of the results, like CoD being the most downloaded game/addon and I think CoD is most widely played still even if it getting quite long.

What would I like to know is, how much data have Sony used in getting each of those games out to people? That would be rather interesting if you ask me :)

yeah a lot of these stats are pretty foreseeable.

It would be interesting to know their bandwidth, I'll have to hunt around for it.

Can we please appreciate Rockstar, this game is like 4-5 years old or something yet still on the most download chart. Crazy

I'm most surprised that Need for Speed Most Wanted is at number 7 for most downloaded Vita game. Most Wanted came out many years ago, so I thought most people who want it probably downloaded it by now.

I'm most surprised that Need for Speed Most Wanted is at number 7 for most downloaded Vita game. Most Wanted came out many years ago, so I thought most people who want it probably downloaded it by now.
Did the game go on sale recently?

I like to know why Persona 5 didn't break the top ten list.

Maybe more Persona fans bought Persona 5 physical version on eBay, Amazon, used video game stores, and from friends instead of a digital download.

I think popular game series like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts sell better in physical form like Disc and cartridge instead of digital where you just get a digital file version of the game. Game collectors with more money may prefer the physical version of the game to also read the booklet which came with the game.

Game series with more adult aged fans may prefer physical games because they can collect them as a hobby, or re-sell the game.

I think popular game series like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts sell better in physical form like Disc and cartridge instead of digital where you just get a digital file version of the game. Game collectors with more money may prefer the physical version of the game to also read the booklet which came with the game.

Game series with more adult aged fans may prefer physical games because they can collect them as a hobby, or re-sell the game.
This and the other thing to think about is that sometime it quicker to install off a set of discs than downloading the game too.

This and the other thing to think about is that sometime it quicker to install off a set of discs than downloading the game too.

I think with Nintendo consoles' physical disc/cartridge games on the Nintendo Switch, Wii, and Wii U installation is not required or faster if files need to be installed on the internal storage drive. I think one of the reasons the Nintendo Switch, Wii, and Wii U are good selling consoles is because the games playable without the need to physically install them to a hard drive.

My internet connection is not very fast, so I am less likely to buy downloadable console games. I rather rent or borrow the physical game for a few days rather than downloading it. I think most people with slow internet connections rather buy or rent/borrow disc games than buy the downloadable game which can take hours to days to download if the download speeds are very slow, and you get disconnected from the internet often.

Back