Most expensive game you've ever purchased from Steam

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Which was the most expensive game you have ever purchased from Steam and how much did it cost?

Hrmm $5 I think.

Are there expensive games on Steam? I mean, I'm imagining most games to be around the same price ($50 or so) at the high end, and much lower in a sale. Either way, I guess it'd be about $10 or so, since I'm not exactly buying big budget AAA games there, let alone super expensive special editions or anything.

The Deluxe Edition of Dark Souls III (main game + season pass), at 84,98. It's a lot, but I'm a huge fan of the series and I wanted to try it as soon as it was released. I wasn't disappointed at all.
Then the pre-purchase of No Man's Sky, 59,99. Well... let's just say I was less satisfied with this one.

I only buy games on sale so the most expensive game I bought was $14.99.

The most I spent was $60 something. Never again tho as my g/f and I quickly stopped playing it. :( We learned our lesson!

I was all about that Left 4 Dead life. When the sequel was announced, I instantly preordered. Can't remember if it was $50 or $60. Regretted it. Definitely dug the first one way more than the second. Felt like they lost a bit of the atmosphere and style.

I don't often buy Steam games unless they're having their steam sales or those good little bundles where you get few games for a low price but I did buy the latest Civilization shortly after the release. I love strategy games and the Age of Empires and Civilization franchise is my top choice for years. So, when the Civilization 6 came out I couldn't resist for long. I had to get it and get addicted. I think it was around $50-60 because it was on sale.

Do I regret it? not really, because it's the type of game that you can't really finish or playthrough. There's always new things to do or try out. And that's why I feel like it was worth its money. I often also play the multiplayer and it's amazing fun. ''One more turn, one more... and it's 2 AM''.

I never bought an individual game that was particularly expensive, but I did buy a pretty expensive bundle if that counts. The bundle in question was the Codemasters Complete Collection which at around $500 I think is the most expensive item on Steam.

My logic was I like them as a developer and all the games they made, so why not just get them all? Oh and, I haven't actually played the games on Steam yet cause I'm stupid.

I was all about that Left 4 Dead life. When the sequel was announced, I instantly preordered. Can't remember if it was $50 or $60. Regretted it. Definitely dug the first one way more than the second. Felt like they lost a bit of the atmosphere and style.
I didn't like Left for Dead 2 at all. It was too repetitive and annoying. lol

The most expensive game I bought on Steam...
Do multiple copies count? If so I've bought 20XX like 4 times (at $16 a pop... so $64 total).

If not then does buying a code through a third party (ex- Greenman gaming) count? Cause if so then it'd be Fallout 4 at $60.

If that doesn't count then it was Earth Defense Force 4.1 at $35.

Well, I think the most expensive was The Walking Dead series from Telltale Games. I usually buy everything on sale, but I always buy this one immediately when there is a new episode. The last season was around 25 Euros, so not too expensive.

29.99 for Trails in the Sky II when it came out. Otherwise I don't think I've spent over 20 on any single game on Steam.

The most expensive game I bought on Steam...
Do multiple copies count? If so I've bought 20XX like 4 times (at $16 a pop... so $64 total).

If not then does buying a code through a third party (ex- Greenman gaming) count? Cause if so then it'd be Fallout 4 at $60.

If that doesn't count then it was Earth Defense Force 4.1 at $35.
What is "20XX"?

Not most expensive as in most money, but I got the Age of Mythology: Tale of the Dragon for full price on Steam and I really regretted it. Most of my games I get on sales, so it's mostly 60% off or even higher, but for nostalgia's sake I had to get AoM full price because I couldn't wait for the next sale. It was a horrendous purchase and they just released it with some tweaks to graphics, and then say it's an entirely new game. It was a terrible purchase and I couldn't even get a refund because I was past the 2 hour limit trying to make sense of the game and rationalizing why it cost that much.

lol I like modern graphics. And easy to play. If something looks cartoony, or like it's made for the SNES, I'll pass.

Back