Most Frustrating Gaming Experience

Dame6089

Full GL Member
Credits
Have you ever had those moments in gaming that make you boil over? I have certainly calmed down as I have gotten older, but there have definitely been some moments where I lost my cool. One in particular would be Final Fantasy X where you had to dodge lightning 100 times to get a certain weapon. There is nothing more frustrating to being close to 100 and get hit by the lightning! It was infuriating.

There is nothing more infuriating than missing a random metal slime battle in a Dragon Quest. Let me explain, general level grinding takes hours to raise a couple levels, but you can cut out a noticeable chunk that time spent by killing off metal slime and related monsters. The issue is that those critters are fast and have >1000 defense but insanely low HP and there is a 60% chance they will ran off the battle. The only way to consistently killing them is to be faster than them and attack with falcon slash (double hit per turn) since it doesn't matter how much damage you can deal but how much times you can attack in a turn to kill the critter due to the high defense but low hp.

GTA San Andreas on PC. To be fair, my PC was barely a trash-can, but the game could run somewhat decent. That is until I got to the mission where I needed to get on the airplane with a bike. The load time or something would just glitch, and the plane was gone before I could even start my bike. Same thing happened in the last mission when you're chasing a firetruck.

I solved both problems the same way - edited the game file. 14 year old me was astonished that such a thing is possible and it sparked my love of modding and programming.

Almost any game based on a movie for the Wii got me super frustrated. I would play them because I loved the movies and thought the games would be fun but I was never great with the Wii controller so I never finished any of the games. But I think that was more about the system I was playing them on instead of the games. They were pretty standard so if I had played them on another console with a normal controller, I'm sure my experience would have been much better.

Once on GTA online my controllers joystick as really glitching up while I was doing the hacking for the first heist mission, it was unbearable. My teammate was a saint because he let me take a half an hour to get through it, but my heart was throbbing with rage the entire time, I was about to lose it.

Anything involving the gyro controls in Mario & Luigi Dream Team.

Basically, they don't work. There's a well known glitch that causes them to fail about 50% of the time.

And in two giant battles, you need the gyro controls to work perfectly to dodge any attacks. Cue hours of frustration as the game broke time after time. And this was in hard mode too, where giant battles hit harder and attack more, and about two hits is enough to kill you and force you back to the last save point.

That was utter hell.

There is this glitch in mirror's edge that breaks the game to the point where you cannot complete the level. On Jackknife, toward the end, you have to traverse acroldd three verticle pipes to get to the end, last pipe has no hitbox you you will always noclip through it.

Really bad game design can make me lose my temper sometimes, but one thing I have zero patience for is lag. While my internet connection is fairly reliable these days, it sometimes lags really badly and I'm getting worse at dealing with it. Mostly it's an issue in MMORPGs, no failures are as shameful as those caused by lag. Can't remember any specific frusrating encounters, though.

Any grand strategy games. I just find them to be visually annoying. Even if the game itself (or the concept) is actually interesting, I think most games like that end up failing because of the visuals. They're not at all personal, and look like board games instead of technological games. Besides, too much shit to read. I love reading and I love games, but in my opinion they don't fit together at all. Reading takes all of the adventure/action out of it.

There are so many moments in League of Legends that frustrate me. It's a multiplayer online game and I guess frustration is just a normal part of it. Losing because your teammates fail to work with you is so annoying. Especially when it happens to you during the most crucial games. There are also times in regular singleplayer games in which you are stuck at the same spot for ages and you know you can do it but keep failing.

Back