Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttKkiEKqwuk

This is currently out right now (released not long ago) on the Wii U eshop.

So what makes this series good?

The things about Earthbound that make it good are:
- the sense of humour (you're a psychic child that beats up possessed cars, sign posts, hippies and shrubs with a baseball bat).
- the different health system (instead of simply instant subtraction, attacks roll your HP down. So if you take a hit that'd kill you but you end that battle before your HP depletes, you won't die.)

It's also a very solid rpg with some memorable boss battles, characters and locations.

It actually holds up really well. Partly because it's very different compared to a more traditional roleplaying game like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

NICE!!! This game brings back a lot of memories. I loved the original game and even played it again not too long ago on my PC with an emulator.

Despite the horrible graphics (but I guess they made it look like this intetionally) I guess it will be a fun game to play with some friends maybe laughing at you. I guess I'll buy it when I'll purchase my Wii U sooner or later ^^

From what I understand as someone who has yet to play and Earthbound game, what keeps it relevant is the writing. There is a sense of humour in the dialogue, characters, and world that is not really present in any modern games. While there are archaic mechanics in Earthbound like turn based grinding, the attitude of the games make them worthwhile for modern games. We live in a time when 99% of games take themselves way too seriously.

Aw yesss!  I fricking LOVE earthbound!  I can't believe they're finally releasing Mother onto the e-shop!  Earthbound has been one of my favourite series.  It's something that I always thought nobody remembered, or even played, but I'm so excited for this! 
And

vengeance said:
Despite the horrible graphics (but I guess they made it look like this intetionally) I guess it will be a fun game to play with some friends maybe laughing at you. I guess I'll buy it when I'll purchase my Wii U sooner or later ^^
It first came out on the Famicon in like, 1989 or something.  It's not that the graphics are horrible, it's that they couldn't do much better way back then.  Graphics aren't what make a game good xD

The whole thing about Earthbound / Mother is that it's so different from what RPG's are usually like... this is also why it wasn't really a hit in the US, though. At the time it came out sales didn't do well, though this was in part because of relatively improper advertising for it. 

That exact reason, though, its uniqueness, is why so many people love it now! The game is a litte grind-y, just like any JRPG, but the story makes it all well worth it.

I can't wait to play Earthbound. On YouTube, I watched this youtuber named Chuggaconroy doing a walkthrough of Earthbound a long time ago. Before watching this playthrough, I always wondered who Ness and Lucas were in one of those Super Smash Bro Brawl games.

Back