Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
for a few days now my scroll wheel on my mouse hasn't been working right and now it pretty much won't work. Everything else on my mouse works besides the wheel. Any tips on how to fix it? I got a basic HP cord optical mouse.

I have heard to turn it upsidedown, and roll it on a peace of clean paper. Other than that, take a chance and pop it open, it could be something disconnected.

QUOTE (Stosh @ August 14, 2009 07:14 pm) I have heard to turn it upsidedown, and roll it on a peace of clean paper. Other than that, take a chance and pop it open, it could be something disconnected.
really didn't help much.

I recommend trying the mouse on a different computer to see if it is an operating system problem which is unlikely, but possible.

QUOTE (froggyboy604 @ August 18, 2009 12:43 pm) I recommend trying the mouse on a different computer to see if it is an operating system problem which is unlikely, but possible.
I don't have another comp to do that, though I could unhook it and put it into a different USB port.

Do you have another mouse with a scroll wheel like a Ball mouse (non-optical mouse) with a scroll wheel to test if the mouse scrolling for Windows work?

QUOTE (froggyboy604 @ August 20, 2009 01:34 pm) Do you have another mouse with a scroll wheel like a Ball mouse (non-optical mouse) with a scroll wheel to test if the mouse scrolling for Windows work?
tired that and the mouse wouldn't even work. I guess my scroll wheel just wore out.

Back