Movie Adaptations

Nomad

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Do you like to watch movies adapted from the books you have read? I like to watch movies adapted from the books I have read, especially the books I have enjoyed. Sometimes it is a great disappointment because the movie maker does not do justice to the book.

I like to read such books while I also watch the movies. That is the way you can analyze it from both ends.

I watch movies based on literature all the time. I can normally get my husband to watch a movie with me a lot easier than I can get him to read a book with me. The only movie bases on literature that I haven't gotten my husband to watch was the Twilight movies.

If I like the movie I read the book sometimes. If I find it on TV and then later realize it's a book then less reading to do. There's only so much media in one lifetime people can consume.

I like to read such books while I also watch the movies. That is the way you can analyze it from both ends.

I always read the book first and then I'll go watch the movie. I want to read the book without any interference from the outside world.

I don't know if I have ever had an instance where I've read something and then it was adapted into a film. Instead, I usually read books that are less likely to be adapted (for whatever reason, subject matter / scope, etc.). Luckily, this has meant I have never had that dreaded "they ruined the book" moment with a film.

Back