froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Almost seven years ago, Mozilla announced that it would begin implementing a new multiprocess-capable version of its popular browser. Now, it’s finally ready to start rolling that capability out to its users, though only slowly at first. As of this writing, Firefox’s multi-process implementation (dubbed Electrolysis, aka e10s), will roll out to a select group of beta users testing Firefox 48. If the initial testers find no problems, the feature will be enabled on more and more systems, until it debuts in Firefox 48 in roughly six weeks.

Read More

It's good to see that Firefox will be getting Multi-process support.

So what does this mean?

Hmm, a bit of a long time to implement, but nonetheless still good to finally get added.

So what does this mean?

Similar to how chemists can use the technique called electrolysis to split water into hydrogen and oxygen, we’re using project Electrolysis to split Firefox into a UI process and a content process. Splitting UI from content means that when a web page is devouring your computer’s processor, your tabs and buttons and menus won’t lock up too…

Read More

I think multi-process means better performance, and reliability because the content, and UI will use a different process on the CPU.

Oh good, because Firefox 47 is giving me some major troubles right now and this sounds like a fix.

I agree, Firefox seems to have more trouble in Windows. I think sometimes the add-ons and themes could also make FF slow.

Hopefully, Firefox 48 would be better because it is now Multi-process.

I did try using waterfox (its firefox but for 64 OS) but it still didn't work either.

Waterfox probably does not have multi-process support because it is based on Firefox 47 which still does not have multi-process support, so you may still experience slowdown problems because everything is still run on one large process instead of two or more CPU processes like Google Chrome, and other modern web browsers.

Back