MP3 player containing top classified military info

Spiritwarrior

Lurking
Full GL Member
Credits
A New Zealand man who bought a second-hand MP3 player that contained U.S. military files on personnel who served in Afghanistan and Iraq handed it over to U.S. officials on Wednesday, New Zealand media reported.

Chris Ogle, 29, bought the $10 MP3 at a thrift shop in Oklahoma but when he plugged it in discovered it contained 60 U.S. military files, said New Zealand television program One News which broke the story.

The files contained the names and personal details of American soldiers, including ones who served in Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as information about equipment deployed to bases and a mission briefing, said One News.

More here

I would give it back to the US government as well, for a large amount of $ that is.

QUOTE (Demon_Skeith @ January 29, 2009 04:40 pm) I would give it back to the US government as well, for a large amount of $ that is.
Same here, I wouldn't want it to fall into the wrong hands, best to return it to the US military where it probably came from.

He probably has copies...

I would give it back too, but not for an outrageously large sum of cash. That would just hurt the economy.

But, He can't use those copies to commit fraud since if he did that the US gov. go to him and question him first. I bet the pawn shop owner might have the copoies as well.

Back