Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
this year's Consumer Electronic Show (CES) Microsoft announced that it will be turning gamers into game creators via the new community game, Kodu, scheduled to release this spring. The title allows players to build their own "personal playgrounds." During a keynote speech at CES in Las Vegas a 12-year old student known as Sparrow joined Microsoft's President of the Entertainment and Devices Division, Robbie Bach to demo just how easy Kodu is to use.

"What I love about "Kodu" is that I can do everything myself," Sparrow, who demoed the game, said. "It's fast to build and different from the other games I play. I can do cool, silly things in it!"

Players begin by choosing from a set of visual building blocks and then use a "simple image-based creator menu" to build a world based on "physical action-reaction." Gamers will have the ability to use hearing, vision and time to control their character's behavior. According to Microsoft's press release, "With almost 200 different game-creation building blocks to choose from, the opportunities are endless." For those not with the inclination to create their own worlds, Kodu comes with a set of pre-loaded levels for quick play.

"We've done everything possible to make sure that creating a "Kodu" playground is not only easy, but that it is also fun and engaging for people of all ages and backgrounds," principal program manager for Microsoft Research and lead "Kodu" designer, Matt MacLaurin said. "Since 'Kodu's' interface is intuitive and prevents common programming mistakes, we're making it easy for everyone to enjoy the magic of game creation."

Kodu is scheduled to release this spring on the Xbox Live Community Games Channel.

more here

sad, that MS can't make there own game.

How dare they copy the best PS3 exclusive! And it's best game! They're to stupid to make their own?!

QUOTE (Midnight Sky @ January 11, 2009 01:50 pm) I hope it's good but i still don't think it can beat LittleBigPlanet.
I doubt it'll be able to beat LittleBigPlanet.

Looks good, I don't have a PS3 but LBP is one of the few games I really want.

Back