My current situation

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I just wanted to create this thread to explain my lack of inactivity on the forum over recent weeks, discuss where my life is headed and just give everyone a heads up.

I love this forum and very soon I will have been here for 3 years as admin. In that time the amount of stuff I have done online has fallen drastically. I used to open blogs and forums left right and center. I used to frequent many forums daily and devote a lot of time to them. Over the past couple of years this has become the only forum I am an active member on, I have become relatively out of touch with forums in general other than what I need to know for my role here. I don't really have the same passion for forums in general recently that I had previously when I used to spend most of my time on them for years. I am keeping my position here and will intend to increase my activity as much as I can. This community has become probably my favorite forum to work on thanks to Demon_Skeith Demon_Skeith and me working together to try and make the forum as good as possible, alongside all the staff which have come and left since I joined. I want to be a part of this forums future and will do my best to be a good admin and member of the community.

Secondly, my passion for gaming has decreased over recent months. I have lots of games to play and often times I enjoy them when I get into them, but I am less drawn to deciding to play a game. I still intend to keep playing games, but the rate of which I do is likely to fall and I am more likely to stop games I dislike rather than trying to force myself through them. I find myself enjoying games far less, E3 this year was a particular low point of mine. I suppose it will only take one big game to get me excited again, but I currently don't know what that is.

Additionally to the above point, I have had less time to game. This is due in part to the new things that have been happening in my life recently:
  1. I've joined the gym. I go there quite often with my friend and spend many hours working out, playing tennis, swimming and doing other leisure activities. Really trying to improve my health and fitness recently so a lot of time has been going here.
  2. I've started a project/business about personal finance - which whilst still in the early stages the project has taken a lot of my free time.
  3. I have started reading through some books in the collection 'A Very Short Introduction'. These are books basically relatively short informative reads into various subject areas. I am doing them focused on my passions - politics, economics and business. I am trying to read one every two weeks and they are starting to take up some of my leisure time instead of gaming or browsing the web. They are beneficial because they give me skills and knowledge which I can use in my life and business and so I am quite enjoying this.
I hope you can thus understand my little contributions to the forums over recent weeks. This has been mainly because of less free time, less interest in gaming and also a lack of interest in frequenting forums over recent times. I am sticking with my position here and still intend to contribute as much as I can.

Thanks for sharing what you have been doing.

It is good that you are exercising, starting a project/business, and learning new information about different topics like politics, economics and business.

I agree, Gaminglatest's community is great.

baaah, what does exercising ever do to you? So you might get a heart attack if you game 12 hours straight, sometimes the joys of life just kills a person :p

But seriously, thanks for the update post and I wish you luck in all areas that you're currently exploring in real life. Thanks for sticking with this community and I hope you continue to do so with whatever time you do have, even ten minutes means a lot to me.

But if that personal business of yours goes places, don't forget the college in debt D_S!

though it appears you're another victim of this forum's curse...

Preeeeety sure we've talked about this, but anytime my forum gets a good staff member, real life suddenly takes them.... (you would be my 8th staff member to this effect)
Oh yeah. But I've lasted longer than most and also don't intend on leaving the forum any time soon - so nothing at all to worry about.

Back