Tiger21820

Master of Fire & Ice!
Staff member
Administrator
Manager
Lottery Manager
Awards
Credits
Every time I want to play my Nintendo GameCube, I have to reset the time... That's a lot of fun!

I'll have to get it replaced at some point! But WHO...?

So how long did the CMOS battery last? around 10 years?

This is unfortunate. It is too bad that the battery can not be recharged like laptop batteries.

Not something I'm worried about now! Plus I want to find someone to do it for me; I can't solder, and I really don't want to risk ruining my GameCube either...

I wish these batteries were easier to replace! You also need to get a specific battery for it, if I used a regular battery, it would melt the PCB, and that would be VERY BAD!

Not something I'm worried about now! Plus I want to find someone to do it for me; I can't solder, and I really don't want to risk ruining my GameCube either...

I wish these batteries were easier to replace! You also need to get a specific battery for it, if I used a regular battery, it would melt the PCB, and that would be VERY BAD!
I’ve never heard of batteries melting PCB’s, especially watch batteries. CR2032’s are super easy to find with tabs on Amazon.

Soldering is not a difficult skill, and is super easy to figure out. If you only leave touch where you’re soldering, and don’t leave it on for too long, you’ll be fine without messing up the PCB.

It’s not like the Dreamcast where you have to dremmel the damn plastic to get the battery out.

Back