Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So right now I'm still using my PS3 but pretty soon I'll need to upgrade to the PS4 but my problem is that I'll still need my PS3 for future games, problem is.... I have no room for a PS4.

I'm pretty much at the limit of my storage space in my room with no other place. Only thing I can think of is just placing my PS3 on top of my PS4, since the PS4 has a smooth flat surface.

Have you considered getting a new shelf? Or whatever it is you use to hold your consoles. I'm sure you can find a way around it by clearing some things you don't really need anymore. Worst case scenario, you can always swap out your PS3 and PS4 everytime you need too. Just keep the cords for both plugged in, and unplug from the back everytime you swap

I wouldn't let a lack of space put you off getting a PlayStation 4 and they're not that big so I'm sure you could shuffle some things about.

Putting one console onto of another though like you mentioned isn't ideal though, as the consoles can get quite warm if you're gaming for a long time, and that could cause damage if either console doesn't have sufficient ventilation.

Shame the PS4 isn't backwards compatible so you could just replace the PS3.

More and more games that were released on the PlayStation 3 are being made available on the PlayStation 4, so depending what games the OP plays, that could be an option to consider.

Having said that, even though I've got a PlayStation 4 and had one from when they were first launched, I do still have my PlayStation 3 and I'd even go as far as to say it still gets used more.

More and more games that were released on the PlayStation 3 are being made available on the PlayStation 4, so depending what games the OP plays, that could be an option to consider.
Of course, I just believe that most people who already own the games won't want to buy them again. I think remasters are for people who missed them on the older generations, not people who just want to still be able to play them.

Have you considered getting a new shelf? Or whatever it is you use to hold your consoles. I'm sure you can find a way around it by clearing some things you don't really need anymore. Worst case scenario, you can always swap out your PS3 and PS4 everytime you need too. Just keep the cords for both plugged in, and unplug from the back everytime you swap

I hate to buy a new system though and just shelf it just to play a older console. And there isn't any place for new shelfs really ^^;

Shame the PS4 isn't backwards compatible so you could just replace the PS3.

I most likely would have PS4 by now if this happened.

Having said that, even though I've got a PlayStation 4 and had one from when they were first launched, I do still have my PlayStation 3 and I'd even go as far as to say it still gets used more.

Everything coming out for PS4 are games I've played since I'm down to the obscure games. And I'm not for Sony's game streaming service, might kill my bandwidth.

Perhaps you can post a picture of how it looks right now? Maybe someone gets an appropriate and creative idea for you to solve the problem.
If you plan on mainly using the PS4 in the future, then how about disconnecting the PS3 cords and put it where you have some space, maybe underneath your bed?

Perhaps you can post a picture of how it looks right now? Maybe someone gets an appropriate and creative idea for you to solve the problem.
If you plan on mainly using the PS4 in the future, then how about disconnecting the PS3 cords and put it where you have some space, maybe underneath your bed?

haha, under my bed. It is a dust jungle under there :p

It is a dust jungle under there :p
:grin::grin:, well I am allergic to house-dust so I actually have to regularly clean up there (unfrotunately :().
But seriously now, how often would you play on the PS3 if you had a PS4? If it isn't that often you might as well get the PS3 out of the way, in my opinion.

It depends if you have multiple entertainment centers. When I had a Sony Playstation and a PS2 simultaneously, I just connected the PS2 to the best TV in the house and the Playstation to the older TV in the den where my children played. As long as you had a number of games on the PS3 that you are still interested in playing, I would utilize a similar strategy, particularly since the PS4 can be used to stream television and premium channel content directly to the TV.

I'd recommend getting a PS4 even if the available space is an issue since there are so many more features that are available on the PS4 including, but not limited to live streaming of sports and entertainment using the PS4, a ten-fold increase in the processing power and capabilities, mostly due to the fact that Sony used their slow and inefficient proprietary controller in the PS3 versus the Intel x86 processor that powers the PS4. There are/were a lot of great games on the PS3 so just store it away if the space is not available but for $400, you can get a PS4 with 1TB of hard disk space which should be sufficient (if you really want to splurge, buy the 4TB console).

I'd recommend getting a PS4 even if the available space is an issue since there are so many more features that are available on the PS4 including, but not limited to live streaming of sports and entertainment using the PS4, a ten-fold increase in the processing power and capabilities, mostly due to the fact that Sony used their slow and inefficient proprietary controller in the PS3 versus the Intel x86 processor that powers the PS4. There are/were a lot of great games on the PS3 so just store it away if the space is not available but for $400, you can get a PS4 with 1TB of hard disk space which should be sufficient (if you really want to splurge, buy the 4TB console).

there is a 4 TB PS4? When and where?

there is a 4 TB PS4? When and where?

As far as I'm aware there isn't a 4TB PlayStation 4 been or being released in the near future, but the latest firmware update (3.50 I think?) Did support 4TB external hardrives I've read somewhere.

If I can find the link I'll post it up or it might just be easier to type it into Google and find out that way. With more and more games being made available to download then the bigger HDD the better really and I would have thought that Sony would be looking at making them bigger, even though they're still supposedly pressing ahead with the infinite cloud system.

As far as I'm aware there isn't a 4TB PlayStation 4 been or being released in the near future, but the latest firmware update (3.50 I think?) Did support 4TB external hardrives I've read somewhere.

If I can find the link I'll post it up or it might just be easier to type it into Google and find out that way. With more and more games being made available to download then the bigger HDD the better really and I would have thought that Sony would be looking at making them bigger, even though they're still supposedly pressing ahead with the infinite cloud system.

I love to slap in 4 TB.

I don't think you should get one. I think ps4 is shit. Some people can relate to what I just said. Ps4 is not a upgrade. It is a joke. Don't waste your money on that shit. You should keep your ps3 and stop trying to please people.

I used to have a flat board left over from a shelving unit I kept my PS3 on, and when I was done I put it in a storage cabinet. Not very efficient, but you'll end up playing PS3 less than you'd expect after getting the 4.

Back