NintendoChannel

And here we are!
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Yo!

Figured I'd share my "Pokemon Journey" progress here. I'm collecting all GBA and DS Pokemon games so that I can complete the Gen 5 Pokedex.
It always bothered me that I couldn't complete the Pokedex when I was young as I've never had all the core Pokemon games at the same time.

Everything in this picture (All legitimate):
-Nintendo 3DS XL (Modded with CFW)
-Nintendo DS (ft. Adhesive)
-Nintendo DS Lite
-GB Operator
-Pokemon Platinum
-Pokemon Fire Red
-Pokemon Leaf Green
-Pokemon Ruby
-Pokemon Sapphire
-Pokemon Emerald (Had this since I was a kid)
-Game Boy Advance (Left) (Had this since I was a kid)
-Game Boy Advance (Right) (Modded with backlight)
-Link Cable

I've got a long, expensive path ahead of me. But I've been having a lot of fun with the series!
Made a lil'
video about it too!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Scarlet and Violet had decent gameplay, but the rest of the graphical errors and bugs ruined it. If anything they should've had all the stat manipulation, mints, and items in Gen 3 but living without is what makes Gen 5 the best meta. Without those things, Gen 5 has predictable RNG (which has been done since SwSh and not SV but not prior to Gen 3), Wings, and plenty of battle modes. However, what makes it easier is save file manipulating, using a CFW 3DS or DSi. This makes RNG easier because the Lua scripts and emulators work perfectly. Even PKHex approves my perfect competitive shinies. It doesn't stop there, in Gen 4 you couldn't have that legally unless you could breed the Pokemon. Static encounters could have shininess or perfect stats, but never both. Gen 5 is the only way you could deal with that. Even Gen 6 made that hard. Regardless, Gen 6 was alright but easy, Gen 7 was harder but had the most unbalanced meta, and 8 and 9 were absurd. Gen 5 wins as the most accessible game with the most teambuilding variety. It looks like you have everything you need. Even still Pokemon is a somewhat expensive hobby, even with games.

I hear ya. The later gens do some good things, like the on-the-go PC system. But I'm a strong believer that the quality of the core Pokemon games has dropped steeply. The older generations are the peak for me. You can't go wrong with the pixel art style, either.

I don't have everything I need yet. I still need the other eight core Pokemon games, especially since I intend on catching all 649 Pokemon legitimately. Also, legitimate copies of HG/SS and B2/W2 are very expensive.

I actually bought 5 wireless adapters, 5 EZ flash omegas (which are GBA flash carts for playing GBA games, and are the only decent way of using the wireless adapter for GBA roms at the moment) and 5 GBA SPs for 5 player games of Pokémon GBA wireless adapter games! I've been playing a lot of GBA Pokémon for RetroAchievements as of late!

file.php

I'm a huge Pokémon nut owning all Pokémon games from generation 3 up to to generation 9 plus the generation 1 & 2 3DS virtual console games across 2 3DSes!

source

Last edited:
That's awesome, man! You're a collector-collector. (Though, I can't see the image you shared...)

I can't see myself indulging in any games past Gen 5, personally. But I do plan on getting an EZ-Flash cart for Pokedex completion.
It's the only way I'm willing to obtain legitimate mythical Pokemon in Gen 3.

Back