Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
As EA confirmed last week, Need for Speed Most Wanted is the next Need for Speed game. During its press conference today, EA revealed that the game will let players race against each other to become #1 on their personal Most Wanted List.

Most Wanted takes place in an open world where players can drive anywhere, race against rivals, challenge friends or mess with cops. Players will compete to jump the furthest, have the most pursuits, etc. to earn speed points. Speed Points let players move up the most wanted list. The game will use EA’s social service Autolog for leaderboards.

EA says there are "no rules" -- each race has a start and finish, but how and where you race are up to you. There will be no lobbies or wait times, and instead players can jump directly into an open world.

Need for Speed Most Wanted will launch on October 30th in North America and November 1st in Europe for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Vita, PC and mobile.

source

So basically, it doesn't matter what route you take as long as you get to the finish line? Sounds crazy awesome, I always hated these invisible wall of the NFS games, mostly cause I kept running into them :hammer:
Either way that's another game to look forward to.

Premise behind the game sounds good.

I was looking at some of the visuals provided for the game and they look sweet. This is not a sequel to the original Most Wanted, but it is certainly an intriguing use of the same name.

We can only hope Criterion can pull off an amazing game. It's been a while.

Someone needs to tell them we have plenty of NFS. This title has been going on for years, I mean how long can you keep it going? Developers need to stop making this game, and switch to another project. How many ways can you run from the cops?

I wish they would have shown more gameplay(but seems to be the same as others). A lot of the previous NFS games just weren't that good. This one makes me even more uncomfortable when it comes to multiplayer. Only racing game I actually really enjoyed was Split/Second. No hopes for a part 2 anytime soon :unsure: .

Looking forward to this game as previous NFS games were eeehhhh....not that great. I have a PS3 so I can't wait to buy this game. Hopefully the graphics are state-of-the-art and the multiplayer should have many awesome features.

Someone needs to tell them we have plenty of NFS. This title has been going on for years, I mean how long can you keep it going? Developers need to stop making this game, and switch to another project. How many ways can you run from the cops?

Well, they are attempting to change things up this year.

However, yes the general idea behind NFS still remains the same. I suppose you can't tinker with something that is the foundation of the game. They might do that later on when the franchise is completely in doldrums.

I don't think it has reached that point. It still has a respectable fan base. Cars are cars, after all.

This should be the last chance I give to this game because I remember the times when I was playing the first Most Wanted. In my opinion, this is the best game of the series and I hope this one will be, too. A

I was a little shocked by what I saw of the game. I immediately thought of Burnout Paradise, so it should be interesting to see how this fares, especially since Forza Horizon also had a lot of Burnout Paradise in it. I don't have a problem with either game being similar because Paradise happens to be one of my favorite games, but a lot of people hated that game, so two games may go up in flames very quickly this year.

The video looked promising!
Seemed to have awesome graphics and now I read about the open world system too, one word to describe it all - AMAZING!
Was always a big fan of NFS series and personally like the old Most Wanted :)

Will surely be looking forward for its launch :)

Heres hoping that this is like the old Need For Speed Most Wanted, with a nice story line, free driving expolation mode and some good cop chase's that end after half an hour of close calls and speed breaker skidding.

I have my fingers crossed for this one.

If it means running Dale into as many walls as humanly possible, then buying this game is simply a burden I will have to bear. Also I like the idea of there being a starting line and a finish line with lots of madness inbetween.

NFS is more milked than CoD to be honest.

There have been games where they should have waited. Sometimes, it has seemed they've forced releases for the sake of it. This is when you know the game is going to go downhill in a hurry.

There is only so much innovation you can have in a short time span.

Wow will this series ever end? I still recall playing it for the first time and it was more than a decade ago LOL. I hope EA puts more than fancy cars in this version, I'm looking for immersive storyline.

Back