Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
A number of researchers have presented evidence which points to what is now believed to be the closest habitable planet to Earth.

According to a study posted on Nature, the planet Proxima b is in orbit around Proxima Centauri, the closest star to our own sun.

CNN says Proxima b is 4.2 light years away, which means it is close enough for robotic exploration in the coming centuries, according to the scientists. "It's not only the closest terrestrial planet found, it's probably the closest planet outside our solar system that will ever be found because there is no star closer to the solar system than this one," said lead study author Guillem Anglada-Escudé.

Proxima b is a rocky planet, around 1.3 times the size of Earth, and it orbits its star in just 11.2 days thanks to it only being 5 percent of the distance between the Earth and the sun. The star itself is a red dwarf, around 12 percent of the mass of our sun, and an effective temperature of around 3,050.

I would be excited to see pictures of this planet if Space organizations like NASA decides to explore it someday.

The future is always on the move, right? So technology is becoming increasingly important and improving. Years ago we didn't have this and that like now in 2016 and beyond. I think it will get there, never know that one of us here might be the first to visit another plenitude

My bet is that immortality (or at least a significant increase in human lifespan) will come sooner than time travel. Medical research is already investigating nanites and stem cells and stuff.

I agree immortality or increase in human lifespan will come sooner because of medical research.

But, there is a chance that a time traveller from the future could bring time travel to us first before immortality if there is currently a future version of reality where people from the future can come to our present time.

I don't think we can handle time travel really.

I agree, most people would not be able to handle time travel, and could end up committing crimes like going back in time, and stealing people's money, inventions, code for websites like Google and Facebook, and possessions which can cause many other people to suffer because of the time travelers' theft.

I agree, most people would not be able to handle time travel, and could end up committing crimes like going back in time, and stealing people's money, inventions, code for websites like Google and Facebook, and possessions which can cause many other people to suffer because of the time travelers' theft.

illegal betting, writing famous books, and whatever else. Time travel can never be used.

illegal betting, writing famous books, and whatever else. Time travel can never be used.

I agree, a lot of people will be robbed of their hard work, and future earnings if time travel was possible. There may also be a lot of people who buy a lot of gold, and silver because they went into the future, and know that the price of precious metals will rise a lot.

Back