Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Capcom has announced that Mega Man will be starring in an all-new, 26 episode television series in 2017.

Dentsu Entertainment USA will partner with Man of Action Entertainment to develop the Mega Man series for a global audience. Man of Action is known as the creators of Ben 10 and Generation Rex.

"We are very excited about the opportunity to introduce an all-new Mega Man to loyal fans and kids," Dentsu Entertainment CEO Yuichi Kinoshita said of the upcoming show.

Dentsu Entertainment will hold worldwide broadcast and licensing rights "for all aspects of the new Mega Man TV series," under the deal announced today by Capcom.

Duncan Rouleau of Man of Action said the company is looking forward to creating "something new that still respects the long tradition of the character."

Given the announcement just happened, and the expected air date is still two years away, there isn't any art yet to show off, but the series will be based on  and around the Mega Man game franchise. Recently, Mega Man X and Sonic universes teamed up for an Archie comics run.
source

hopefully its the X series or Zero series.

I'd love for them to go into the X series... however I don't think they will. From the sounds of this announcement, I think it's going to be the classic series only. 

Still, I'd watch a show based around the classic series anyway. (I kinda hope they go with the Archie comic look and use traditional animation rather than a CGI method.)

Demon_Skeith said:
source

hopefully its the X series or Zero series.
Read my mind dude!

The first thing I thought when I saw the topic was that I hope its based off of the X or zero series, something "Different" this time would be so refreshing since we already had one based off the original mega man.

I think the X or Zero series, despite how awesome it'd be to have an animated series for, would be pretty dark. Far darker than what it seems like they really want to do, given statements from Dentsu CEO Yuichi Kinoshita
We are very excited about the opportunity to introduce an all-new Mega Man to loyal fans and kids
I'd love to see the Zero series as an anime instead. Would be pretty badass to have Madhouse make a MMZ anime. (I mean when they made Casshern Sins they kinda channelled some MMZ there.)

Back