Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Bubbles, Blossom and Buttercup will return to Cartoon Network in 2016 with an all-new Powerpuff Girls animated series! The franchise reboot will also include a full licensing program that will roll out across all regions.

"The original Powerpuff Girls was a franchise phenomenon for Cartoon Network, paving the way for a new generation of innovative storytellers and enthusiastic fans worldwide," said Cartoon Network CCO Rob Sorcher. "We are calling these girls back into action based upon an overwhelming demand for sugar, spice and Chemical X."

The Powerpuff Girls, which originally debuted on CN in 1998, was created by Craig McCracken and centered on three sugar-coated superheroes whose mission in life alternated between going to school and fighting crime. The series earned two Emmys over the course of its 78-episode run, and spawned a 2003 movie, a 10th anniversary special and a reimagined CG special that aired just last January.

"As the original ambassador of 'girl power,' The Powerpuff Girls brand continues to resonate with people of all ages and there is tremendous excitement around introducing Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup to a new generation," said Pete Yoder, Cartoon Network's VP of consumer products. "With proven success and great content plans in place, there’s so much potential that we're looking forward to explore with our licensing partners in the coming weeks."

source

I hope it's not done in the same animation as the recent movie was done with.

I'm curious as to how they'll go about this. I know there's an anime for it over in Japan which I believe has been dubbed, I never really watch it, but it did seem like an interesting take on the show. Then there was the really weird shorts of them being older or something.... That is where I start to worry. I think I'm mainly interested in seeing what sort of style they'll revamp this with. Even though a good plot is a must, design will also play a huge part. I also want to know if they're going to stick to shorts, or go into full episodes. It'll all be definitely interesting to see.  

Back