Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Just read from The Hollywood Reporter:

Sony Interactive Entertainment has launched PlayStation Productions, a production studio that will mine the company's extensive catalog of video game titles for film and television. The new enterprise, headed by Asad Qizilbash and overseen by chairman of Worldwide Studios at SIE, Shawn Layden, is already in production on its first slate of projects and has set up shop on the Sony Pictures lot in Culver City.

With a library of more than 100 original properties ranging from adventure to sci-fi to action to mystery to horror, PlayStation Productions has a wide breadth of content ripe for adaptation. "Instead of licensing our IP out to studios, we felt the better approach was for us to develop and produce for ourselves," says Qizilbash. "One, because we’re more familiar, but also because we know what the PlayStation community loves."

"We looked at what Marvel has done in taking the world of comic books and making it into the biggest thing in the film world," says Layden. "It would be a lofty goal to say we’re following in their footsteps, but certainly we’re taking inspiration from that."

“Ultimately, the story will determine the format. We want to bring our IP to the medium that best honors the property,” he says. Layden stresses that quality is key, as it is for the company's games division. "It has to stand up as a great movie or TV show," he says.

"We don’t have to rush to market. We don’t have a list of ‘X number of titles must be done in this year.’ None of that," says Layden.

Sony does have a lot of exclusives games which could make good movies.

It would be interesting to see what they come up with especially as they have some good games. I wonder if they go with unique stories or base them on what happens in the games

It would be interesting to see what they come up with especially as they have some good games. I wonder if they go with unique stories or base them on what happens in the games
Yeah it's very good to see game stories into movies.

Back