cm2

Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Just read from CBR on Thor's Taika Waititi in talks with Disney to helm a new Star Wars Movie.

Waititi has been approached to develop a new film set in the galaxy far, far away for Disney/Lucasfilm. Waititi is certainly no stranger to the Star Wars universe, having directed the Season 1 finale of the Disney+ original series The Mandalorian -- as well as starred as the bounty hunter droid IG-11. The director is also well-known for helming the aforementioned Ragnarok for Marvel Studios, as well as the upcoming Thor: Love and Thunder.

At this time, it is unclear where exactly the dialogue between Waititi and Disney/Lucasfilm stands. It is also unclear if Waititi's prospective Star Wars film will stand on its own, or if it will be connected to one of the other reported cinematic projects currently in the works for the franchise.

Following the release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, it seems Lucasfilm is taking a step back from the big screen and putting the focus on Disney+ original series. However, that's not to say that plans for Star Wars' theatrical future have been put on hold entirely, as reports hint at numerous projects in the works as far as the world of film is concerned.

Now they can make anything star wars related. I wonder where they will take the series from here?

Yeah I wonder about it myself. Waititi did great with The Mandalorian so hopefully the new Star Wars movie is not going to disappoint like the recent trilogy.

I am curious to see where they will take the Star Wars franchise now that the current trilogy is over with. They can continue things with Rey and see her train a new Jedi..... Or would they do something different away from Rey?

If they are going to do Rey or her main cohorts again then I am definitely skipping the new movie/s again. They should do the knights of the old republic era.

Back