Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
From IGN:

ps4vswiiuvsxboxone.png

Man, the Wii U side is sad to look at.

The Wii U looks like a PS3 or 360. :p And we know less about the PS4 than I thought, but it seems to be stronger.

I would imagine that the PS4 will support external hard drives in some fashion... I mean the PS3 currently does so it wouldn't be that hard for them to incorporate that function on the PS4. I don't know if it'll let you install games to the external, but most certainly it'll be able to transfer (to and from) and play media from the external drive. 

I also imagine that PS4 will have a 500GB hard drive ( at least on the normal version, I fully expect a second premium version to have a 1TB drive).

I like the backwards compatibility, and no used game fee on the Wii U, and the tablet controller looks cool since you can play games when the TV is off on the screen on the tablet controller.

I also like Flash memory option more for the Wii U since flash memory is more reliable, and does not make as much noise as a spinning hard drive which has mechanical parts which can fail if you drop your console, and if the hard drive motor or head fails, the hard drive would be broken.

Flash memory is faster since there are no moving if Nintendo used high quality flash faster memory like the type of flash memory found on SSD/Solid State drives, high end tablets like the iPad 4, and Nexus 10, or faster smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S4, and iPhone 5.

I bet the Wii U would be the most reliable and durable console out of the 3 since Nintendo consoles like the Wii with only a 2.7% failure rate after 2 years are known for being more reliable than the Xbox 360 with a 24% failure rate , and PS3 with a 10%  failure rate according to http://blog.squaretrade.com/2009/09/failure-rates-study-finds-nintendo-wii-most-reliable-game-console.html .

1127dwi.jpg

This is a highly misleading infographic.

The Wii U discs come in three sizes. The smallest is 25GB and the largest is 75GB.

Also, the PS4 and XB1 both have octo-core CPUs.

The XB1 does NOT use a custom CPU. It uses an AMD APU, which, like the PS4 CPU, is likely to be made available for PCs immediately.

Also, the Wii U has 4x the RAM of the PS3/360 available to games alone, a better (mostly due to architectural changes) CPU, and a superior GPU to the 360/PS3. Do not say that it is 360-grade, either, because the 360 had the same disc size as the Wii disc.

How does it have 4 times the RAM of the PS4? And cite sources. I wanna see when it was said that the discs go up to 75 GB.

There are dual layered, and Tripple Layered discs, so if a single layer on a disc is 25GB in size, and there are 3 layers it will have 75GB=25GBx3 layers. Most likely the disc drive in the Wii U can at least play Dual layer disc since most disc drives for PC and laptop are now dual layer, and I think most dual layer disc drives can play tripple layer discs since there are only dual layer drives, and no tripple layer drives you can buy for PC.

I think most Wii U game disc still won't fully fill the 25GB since Age of Conan: Unchained which is a massive multiplayer online game for PC/Steam download size is 18.90GB . Plus, making massive games with hundreds to thousands of hours of gameplay would be very expensive if the game has a lot of original levels with different plots, characters, and enemies, and many people dislike filler and grinding levels which aren't really fun to play, and just want to get quickly to the boss fights.

Nuke, could mean the video card RAM being 1GB of dedicated RAM unlike the PS4 and Xbox 1 which uses an APU which combines the CPU with video card, chip, and shares the RAM and CPU with each other like integrated video. 

The AMD APU series of chips are originally made for cheaper netbooks/ultrabooks, and low end desktops for people who don't want to buy a expensiver desktop with a seperate video card, and high end CPU like the Intel i5-i7 quad core CPUs and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 650, but want slightly better video performance than an Intel HD4000 integrated video chip.

The Wii U also has expensive, but faster eDRAM on both the CPU and video card chip.  eDRAM is a lot faster than regular RAM since it is located on the chip for better performance because the chip can access eDRAM memory a lot faster on  the chip than regular DDR RAM memory on a stick or chip outside of the chip.

"embedded DRAM", a capacitor-based dynamic random-access memory integrated on the same die as an ASIC or processor. The cost-per-bit is higher than for stand-alone DRAM chips but in many applications the performance advantages of placing the eDRAM on the same chip as the processor outweighs the cost disadvantage compared with external memory.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDRAM

Ok. And it being stronger than the PS3 and 360 is irrelevant. If the Wii U is 8th gen, it should be able to compete with the PS4 and One.

GracefulAssassin said:
Ok. And it being stronger than the PS3 and 360 is irrelevant. If the Wii U is 8th gen, it should be able to compete with the PS4 and One.
define compete, if Nintendo could get a healthy supply of video games going they could match sony and MS despite a weaker machine.

I read the Wii U and 3DS is attracting mobile game developers according to http://www.cubed3.com/news/18687/1/nintendo-to-attact-mobile-developers-for-wii-u-3ds-eshop.html

I personally feel attracting mobile game developers to make games for the Wii U and 3DS is better than making a console for social networking, TV, watching movies, and web browsing since at least mobile games like Infinity Blade are still gaming related.

I think a lot of Wii U owners like kids may want to play games like Infinity Blade, Minecraft Pocket Edition, Slingshot racing, Modern Combat, and Asphalt 7, but don't own a smartphone, or tablet because they are too expensive, but they got a Wii U which already has a tablet, so they can play mobile games on it without the need for a smartphone and tablet.

A Smartphone and tablet is definitely not a kids toy because they can cost many hundreds of dollars, require a credit card or other form of payment to buy apps, and there are a lot of adult-rated apps with adult themes in the app store.

If Nintendo price the mobile games at 1 dollar to 5 dollars in their eShop, a lot of people may buy mobile games to play on the 3DS and Wii U since the quality of mobile games are improving at a very fast pace.

Demon_Skeith said:

define compete, if Nintendo could get a healthy supply of video games going they could match sony and MS despite a weaker machine.
When I say compete, I mean they need to be able to stay in the race when the PS4 and One come out, something the Vita can't do with the 3DS.

The Wii U is selling very will in the UK  after Xbox One launch. Wii U sales jumped over 800% in Amazon's UK website after the Xbox One was revealed according to http://www.cubed3.com/news/18854/1/wii-u-uk-sales-skyrocket-on-amazon-uk-after-xbox-one-showing.html

On Amazon UK sales of the Wii U system jumped 800+%, from the 390th hottest item all the way up to the 40th. As of the writing of this article, it is ranked 3rd in the "PC & Video Games" catogery, right after Fifa 14 (PS3) and Fifa 14 (360).

The Steambox is also coming out soon which would affect how many gamers buy a Wii U, Xbox One, and PS4 since Gaming PC which can run full-fledge programs like Google Chrome, VLC player, and XBMC media player, and with console-like gaming on a TV with a gamepad controller sounds great to many people who want a console, and a Gaming PC, but can't afford both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFrL6-OhN94

Back