Xbox Next Gen XBOX Will Be Announced At E3 2019?

cm2

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Just read on the rumor and the rumored specs from gematsu, JeuxVideo and dualshockers:

Thurrott’s Brad Sams is reporting that Microsoft will talk more about its next-generation consoles at E3 2019. He says he is expecting them to talk about next-generation consoles, updates to Xbox Game Pass, new games, and that Halo Infinite will be a launch title for the next-generation platform.

Code-named “Lockhart” and “Anaconda.” Lockhart is a entry level device without a disc drive and focused on digital, while Anaconda is a high-end device priced similarly to Xbox One X at launch.

As for specifications, JeuxVideo said that data sheets leaked in late January are close to accurate, but would only confirm the presence of SSDs on each machine. Here are the data sheets from January:

Xbox “Lockhart”
CPU
Custom 8 Cores – 16 zen threads 2
GPU Custom NAVI 4+ Teraflops
RAM 12GB of GDDR6 memory
Storage SSD 1TB NVMe 1 + GB / s

Xbox “Anaconda”
CPU
Custom 8 Cores – 16 zen threads 2
GPU Custom NAVI 12+ Teraflops
RAM 16GB of GDDR6 memory
Storage SSD 1TB NVMe 1 + GB / s

The entry version of the next Xbox without a disc drive is a bad idea since someday owners may want to play an older game which is no longer being sold on Xbox Live and only the disc version exists. Xbox Live may shutdown someday like many online services like Games for Windows which is gone because there are not many users, or the company decided to shut it down because it is no longer profitable to run the online service.

I feel many gamers rather have a 2TB or larger hard drive or SSD. A 1 TB SSD is not enough space for many higher quality games which can use up a lot of space.

The entry version of the next Xbox without a disc drive is a bad idea since someday owners may want to play an older game which is no longer being sold on Xbox Live and only the disc version exists. Xbox Live may shutdown someday like many online services like Games for Windows which is gone because there are not many users, or the company decided to shut it down because it is no longer profitable to run the online service.

I feel many gamers rather have a 2TB or larger hard drive or SSD. A 1 TB SSD is not enough space for many higher quality games which can use up a lot of space.

They can't do a 1 TB SSD, cost too much.

Don't they usually have own shows for this? So I doubt it would be at E3. That said, its a hard sell this time round with the Xbox One X not out for too long - feels like they would struggle convincing people to part with MORE money just to keep up, especially if the entry level systems might not be as powerful as the X.

They lost me with the Xbox One really, the PS4 was much better at launch and I honestly can't see myself going back especially if the rumours that the PS5 will have backwards compatibility for all previous PS consoles is true.

I feel more people rather buy versions of the older Xbox One console versions with a disc drive. The original Xbox One 500GB and Xbox One S which both have disc drives are now cheaper in price, and people are not limiting themselves to only playing downloadable digital games when buying a game console with no disc drive.

Don't they usually have own shows for this? So I doubt it would be at E3. That said, its a hard sell this time round with the Xbox One X not out for too long - feels like they would struggle convincing people to part with MORE money just to keep up, especially if the entry level systems might not be as powerful as the X.

Far as I'm aware, Microsoft really hasn't done a Direct type show that Nintendo and Sony have done.

Back