Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
To celebrate Mega Man's 22nd birthday, Capcom decided to host a live, global webcast with series producer Keiji Inafune and friends on hand in Japan for two hours of fun. Besides demoing the newly announced Mega Man 10 title for all to see, Inafune also fielded questions from fans where we were given some insight as to where the series will go next.

He was asked about the possibility of returning to the Mega Man X series doing 16-Bit style graphics. Inafune said he'd consider it if he had the time, but also added he's looking to do something different with the famous Blue Bomber.

"I love the series and I'd love to make a game like that, but you have no idea how busy I am," Inafune said. "I'm glad the fans love the X series, but I think before I make a return to that series, I want to do something completely different with Mega Man."

"Once I have the time, then maybe I can think about another Mega Man X game," he added.

As for returning to 16-bit graphic style, Inafune said the return to 8-bit with Mega Man 9 and 10 allowed him to do what he always wanted to do with the graphics, adding, "8-Bit is where Mega Man was born." But Inafune said maybe sometime in the future he'll look at going 16-bit.

He was later asked about developing a 2D Mega Man title with the same level of detail as VanillaWare's Muramasa and Odin Sphere titles. "That's a good idea, cause the graphics in those games are good, but as a designer and creator, if I did copy that style, it would be imitating, he said.

"It's not proper manners to steal."

He was also asked about a new Mega Man Legends 3 and Mega Man Powered Up 2. Inafune said "If Ben Judd produces it, we can have a Mega Man Legends 3," he said jokingly (we think). Judd was the producer for both the latest Bionic Commando: Rearmed and Bionic Commando.

As for another 'Powered Up' title, Inafune hinted we'll see a sequel. "We liked doing the games, there's a very strong possibility you'll see another 'Powered Up' game," he said.

Lastly, Inafune was asked about 3D Mega Man titles. He said its tough to make the jump to 3D with the series because so much of its design is based in a 2D playing field, and added its hard to fine tune to that type of gameplay.

source

If anyone knows how I can get megaman legends 2 for USA, let me know.

Back