Next series revival after Metroid?

PenguinManiac

Credits
Nintendo has an impressive amount of IPs, but over the last decade they seem to have mostly focused on a bunch of them (Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Kirby and the likes), while neglecting some of other fan-favourite ones.

Thankfully, the trend has been reversed in the past few years, and we're now witnessing the revival of seemingly doomed series of the likes of Fire Emblem (after Awakening's huge success, it got two more games, including an astonishing remake, a mobile game and, later this year, it will also get a crossover with Dinasty Warriors) and Metroid (see Metroid: Samus Returns and Metroid Prime 4's announcement), which is great to hear.

What do you think is going to be next? What is the most likely, and what series would you personally love to see back on the scene?

Personally, I see F-Zero as a likely candidate. It's always been a niche series, that's true, but it's got a very dedicated following and its history closely resembles Metroid's; furthermore, Nintendo could use an arcade racing series besides Mario Kart.

I think mario kart is too popular for them to bring out another racing game. At this time I can't think of what other IPs they have that need dusting off.

At this time I can't think of what other IPs they have that need dusting off.

Besides F-Zero, the biggest one up next is probably Earthbound/Mother (even though the series' director has left Nintendo, so I don't we're likely to ever see a sequel). Kid Icarus could do great things, considering how amazing Kid Icarus: Uprising is. Advance Wars and Golden Sun (not strictly Nintendo, but it's close enough) are worth granting another chance, just as they did with Fire Emblem. Wario and Punch-Out have also been long forgotten, it seems.
They are smaller series, but they're all unique and it would be nice to see how well they could perform now.

Besides F-Zero, the biggest one up next is probably Earthbound/Mother (even though the series' director has left Nintendo, so I don't we're likely to ever see a sequel). Kid Icarus could do great things, considering how amazing Kid Icarus: Uprising is. Advance Wars and Golden Sun (not strictly Nintendo, but it's close enough) are worth granting another chance, just as they did with Fire Emblem. Wario and Punch-Out have also been long forgotten, it seems.
They are smaller series, but they're all unique and it would be nice to see how well they could perform now.
There's still Mother 4: The Fangame to look forward to.

I'd really love another Kid Icarus. Uprising was such an amazing game. The problem is, they probably have nowhere to go with it.

There's still Mother 4: The Fangame to look forward to.

I'd really love another Kid Icarus. Uprising was such an amazing game. The problem is, they probably have nowhere to go with it.

Oh, yeah, I followed that project, but I kind of lost interest after they changed their name and turned it into a game freely inspired to Earthbound. Maybe it will still be a great game, but...I just loved the idea of fans creating the sequel we'll never get. Regardless, I'll still give it a try when it comes out.
Yeah, Uprising is a self-contained game, they can literally go anywhere from now on. Considering how much attention the series has received in 3DSmash, I'm sure Sakurai will give it one more try in the future (maybe on the Switch? God, that would be amazing).

Oh, yeah, I followed that project, but I kind of lost interest after they changed their name and turned it into a game freely inspired to Earthbound. Maybe it will still be a great game, but...I just loved the idea of fans creating the sequel we'll never get. Regardless, I'll still give it a try when it comes out.
Yeah, Uprising is a self-contained game, they can literally go anywhere from now on. Considering how much attention the series has received in 3DSmash, I'm sure Sakurai will give it one more try in the future (maybe on the Switch? God, that would be amazing).
Oh, I didn't hear they changed the name of it. When did they do that? I thought Nintendo was okay with it?

I just want more of Hades' voice. It's so good.

Oh, I didn't hear they changed the name of it. When did they do that? I thought Nintendo was okay with it?

I just want more of Hades' voice. It's so good.

It happened some months ago. Nintendo was fine with the game, but, for some reason, they decided to rebrand it and remove all explicit references to the Mother series (they have admitted they haven't been hit by a DMCA). They even hinted towards charging a price for the game a couple of months ago, even though we're still standing in the realm of possibilities about that (I mean, they would be openly contradicting themselves by doing so).

And about Hades, oh yes, please. His voice acting killed it for me, I loved him almost as much as I loved Viridi.

It happened some months ago. Nintendo was fine with the game, but, for some reason, they decided to rebrand it and remove all explicit references to the Mother series (they have admitted they haven't been hit by a DMCA). They even hinted towards charging a price for the game a couple of months ago, even though we're still standing in the realm of possibilities about that (I mean, they would be openly contradicting themselves by doing so).

And about Hades, oh yes, please. His voice acting killed it for me, I loved him almost as much as I loved Viridi.
Huh... I don't know if I'm as excited anymore...

Yeah, I liked Viridi more than Palutena.

I want to see another Luigi's Mansion game. They made the first one for the GameCube and another one for the 3DS. I wouldn't mind seeing another one for the Switch.

Back