Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
On June 23rd, 1996, the Nintendo 64 went on sale in Japan which would kick start many future game series like smash bros and the infamous Goldeneye 64.

Anyone here ever own a N64? Your favorite game? Your most raging moments?

I loved my N64. I must've been around 5 or 6 when we got ours. Me and my sister would spend hours playing Super Mario 64 all day. Or at least until our dad kicked us off so he could play Battletanx. We also spent many an hour at our cousins place playing multiplayer Donkey Kong 64 and Mario Kart. Fun times. My favorite game, though, is probably going to have to go to Banjo Kazooie. If Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask had the same nostalgic value to me as that game, I'd probably have to rethink my answer, though.

My childhood console. This just makes me feel super old.
All of those afternoons spent playing Banjo-Kazooie, Mario Kart 64 and the most classic of all...Goldeneye. *Sigh*
Some of the best times in my life.

Happy birthday Nintendo 64.
I may have to dust my own off this afternoon.

Wow, I did not realize the N64 was actually that young. I thought the system was more like 40 years old. The first game that I played on the N64 was super smash bros. I loved that game, and still do. I actually downloaded the Emu, and Roms for the system because if you never noticed, old systems and games have higher values these days. I saw a store selling a used N64 for $300 dollars. I said Hell No to that.

40 years old? Really...you thought it came out in 1976? Anyway, for me the N64 was one of those consoles that while it wasn't exceptionally groundbreaking, it will always be remembered as one of people favourite consoles.

I don't know if it's just halcyon days and we always look back on things fondly, or if at the time the world when the N64 came out, actually was a better place.

I got a N64 in 1998, after it already had two years struggling in a market where the Sony PlayStation was steamrolling over sales numbers like crazy. And for that reason Nintendo
doesn't like to remember fondly those years.

Is difficult to choose one as favorite; Mario 64, Star Fox, James Bond 007, Banjo Kazzoie and Zelda OoT... I played every several times over and over. And the most raging moment? When
the pesky analog joystick got loose by use. Aaargh those damn controllers were not suitable to
cope with the rough use of a kiddo.

The revolutionary 3D console. Super Mario 64 and Zelda the OOT revolutionized the gaming industry. They laid down the very principle and framework that modern games still adhere to. One of my favorite gaming console. I was always the Nintendo boy and preferred them over sony.
Though I was just a child then, just 5 years old. I got the console during the 2000's

20 years seems is a bit less then I would have thought. I would've thought it came out in the late '80s. I never owned one myself, but did play it over a friends house a lot.

Back