Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

In a rough translation of a Japanese business report, biz-journal, the statistics for new hires and the current job market were shared. Employee retention rate was brought up, which determines how attractive a company looks when applying there. According to the article, the average employee retention rate for new employees within Japan is 70%. This usually means that 30% of newcomers will quit from a company within the first three years. However, Nintendo's incredibly impressive employee retention rate is 98.9%. Breaking it down further, if there are 100 employees, then based on these calculations, only one person would have quit Nintendo.

If I got a job working for Nintendo, I probably wouldn't want to leave either.

The only way they'd get me out of there is when they're wheeling me out of there when I pass away.

It's just straight-up common sense. Would you rather be treated like crap your whole life, or find a way to make money that you can do without breaking a sweat or losing morale from the general public and toxic bosses? It makes me wonder why the whole world has run this idea that any work is valuable when we could have machines made and tested to make like more meaningful for the rest of us.

Back