Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
ViA VGC:

The company announced in July that it planned to acquire Japanese CG company Dynamo Pictures, with the intention being to acquire 100% of its outstanding shares and make it a wholly owned subsidiary.

Nintendo said that following the acquisition it planned to rename the company Nintendo Pictures Co, Ltd, at which point it would “focus on development of visual content utilising Nintendo IP”.

The deal was expected to close today, and has done so, hence the launch of the new Nintendo Pictures website.

A company message on the site (which is currently only in Japanese) reads: “Through our videos, we aim to make Nintendo characters known to customers around the world and create one-of-a-kind videos that will remain in their memories forever.

“To this end, each and every one of our employees will work hard to create an organization that can continue to grow, by always considering what could be interesting to customers around the world, and engaging in production work that they enjoy themselves.

“We will continue to take on the challenge of providing unique and surprising images to customers around the world, transcending generations and eras.”

The planned rebranding to Nintendo Pictures is not to be confused with Nintendo Studios, which recently appeared on copyright listings for the upcoming Super Mario animated movie.

Although the listings didn’t give any further information, it appears that Nintendo Studios may be a new subsidiary set up by Nintendo to handle future visual entertainment such as movies or TV shows.

I can see where this is a great idea. Pokemon has a ton of animations out there as it is. I should come to respect other franchises that do the same or even CGI/live-action.

I can see where this is a great idea. Pokemon has a ton of animations out there as it is. I should come to respect other franchises that do the same or even CGI/live-action.

Hrmmm, I don't think Nintendo has the stright out rights to make anything Pokemon, not that its needed with its vast anime.

Hrmmm, I don't think Nintendo has the stright out rights to make anything Pokemon, not that its needed with its vast anime.
But if they needed to they would. Like how they publish games now, even if it's separate companies.

I hope this means we finally get something on Zelda and Metriod, both would smash as animations if done right.
I agree man. I think Zelda and Metroid would look good and be a smash hit if there were to be animated and if it is done right.

Back